Android Question Error when trying to run program

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi SInce upgrading to the latest B4A I've tried to recompile an app but I get the following error

B4X:
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lxtremelyvirtualstudio/xvs/Tracked/TurnGPS;

Any idea's, many thanks

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
I hadn't but have now and I still get the same error message when trying to run

B4X:
B4A Version: 10.90
Parsing code.    (0.08s)
    Java Version: 11
Building folders structure.    (0.10s)
Compiling code.    (0.12s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.02s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.02s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources    (0.75s)
Linking resources    (3.36s)
Compiling generated Java code.    (2.71s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex.    Error
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lxtremelyvirtualstudio/xvs/Tracked/TurnGPS;
1 error; aborting

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you trying to turn on/off the GPS directly with some library like ToggleLibrary?
I think it's no longer possible due to google restrictions

Maybe with the new version of B4A you've updated the manifest?

Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
ToggleLibrary was there I remove the library which didn't give me any errors but when I run the program I still get the same error

Looking in the libraries I am using TurnGPS which is obviously the problem remove the entries to this and re-instated ToggleLibrary and the app compiles okay now but when run I can't get my Lat and Long location

Last edited:
Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's probably better you show your code or upload a small project showing the error.

Do you have some widget or try to check or modify the GPS status in some way?

Upvote 0

Colin Evans

Licensed User
Longtime User
Haven't got a clue why it was working and then wasn't, I've removed the only link to the library turnGPS, and to a Type GPSLocation entry in the Process Globals, didn't expect it to work but it does

Could it have something to do with my phone settings? I haven't got a clue but at least it's working,

Thanks for the input and pointing me in the direction that got it working,

Upvote 0