B4A Library 1D and 2D Barcode Scanner with ZBAR - another Barcode Scanner that is 100% embedded in B4A

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could you please check if you don't have the zbar.jar in your "official library folder", please ? (and thanks of course for having tried)
@lemonisdead, definitely not in the "official library folder". I have it in my additional library folder only.

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks I did while waiting and it works without problem
And what happen if you copy zbar.jar to the "official library folder"? Does the ZBAR project then run?

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry Johan I have missed : I have tried to move the library in the "official library folder" and did got an error saying it was duplicating (even if the library was no more in the "additional folder")

It is something I have to fix on my PC I think. Thanks for having verified

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Hope you get it sorted out @lemonisdead....

Richard Goh

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was trying to use this scanning function in my project. The programs hit into below error when run the function (zb1.startScanner) without breakpoint in debugging mode. But the scanning view will displayed without error when USING A BREAKPOINT. Any idea or advice?

android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x0
at android.content.res.Resources.getValue(Resources.java:1133)
at android.content.res.Resources.getColor(Resources.java:815)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.ViewFinderView.<init>(ViewFinderView.java:39)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.BarcodeScannerView.createViewFinderView(BarcodeScannerView.java:57)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.BarcodeScannerView.setupLayout(BarcodeScannerView.java:40)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.BarcodeScannerView.setupCameraPreview(BarcodeScannerView.java:70)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.CameraHandlerThread$1$1.run(CameraHandlerThread.java:31)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:808)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:103)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:193)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5292)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:824)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:640)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have the necessary resource files in your project? See post #1 where I have said....
Please take note of the xml files in the /Objects/res/layout and Objects/res/values folders of the B4A project should you start a new project from scratch.

Richard Goh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Johan,

Thanks. Just saw it and it's solved after copy the folders over to my project.

Thank you somuch.

jaraiza

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! Thanks for the lib! I have a doubt, is there any way to expand the scan area to be fullscreen? I've problems scanning the barcodes because the area is so small.

Thanks!

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

jaraiza

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi!

I had to download zbar.jar from here. I loaded the previous example but I added this @ line 66: Dim Cmr As Int = zb1.CAMERA_BACK because startScanner now needs the CameraID, so I changed it from zb1.startScanner to zb1.startScanner(Cmr)

But now I'm not getting any camera output nor error, it just keeps at the gray screen with 3 blue buttons. I can click the buttons but nothing happens.

Thanks!

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Attached is the zbar.jar file that I have used in the library - copy it to your additional library folder

Attachments

• zbar.jar
    5.9 KB · Views: 650
  • b4aZbarBarcodeScanner.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 590

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The result is the same as before Here is the source code I'm testing

Thanks for your help!
I have just tried your project on two devices - Kitkat and Lollipop and they both work fine...

Last edited:

MARCOS SANDRONI LIMA RIOS

Licensed User
Please take note of the xml files in the /Objects/res/layout and Objects/res/values folders of the B4A project should you start a new project from scratch.
how find files values
android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource ID #0x0
at android.content.res.Resources.getValue(Resources.java:2354)
at android.content.res.Resources.getColor(Resources.java:2036)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.ViewFinderView.<init>(ViewFinderView.java:39)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.BarcodeScannerView.createViewFinderView(BarcodeScannerView.java:57)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.BarcodeScannerView.setupLayout(BarcodeScannerView.java:40)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.BarcodeScannerView.setupCameraPreview(BarcodeScannerView.java:70)
at main.java.me.dm7.barcodescanner.core.CameraHandlerThread$1$1.run(CameraHandlerThread.java:31)

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You are missing files as what I have mentioned should be in some folders. Make sure these files are set to READ ONLY before you run B4A project. Some programs used to extract zip files sometimes changes the READ ONLY property of the files and then they get deleted when you compile the B4A project. So, unzip the project again and then make sure the files that I have mentioned is set to READ ONLY and only then compile the B4A project.

Ricardo Escalante

Licensed User
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I have a problem trying to read a Code-128 Auto barcode, don't read it. Attached an example in pdf
I will appreciate any type of help.
Thank you very much

Attachments

• xrEtiquetasvb.pdf
    424.8 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I have a problem trying to read a Code-128 Auto barcode, don't read it. Attached an example in pdf
I will appreciate any type of help.
Thank you very much
Hi Ricardo

Not sure what it is that you are battling with but I can read all your Code 128 barcodes in the PDF in post #58.... Can you upload your sample project?

Ricardo Escalante

Licensed User
Hi Ricardo

Not sure what it is that you are battling with but I can read all your Code 128 barcodes in the PDF in post #58.... Can you upload your sample project?

View attachment 52692

Dear johan:
I'm looking at it and I can not believe it, it's just the same example code you have. I think I have to devote myself to it. Thank you so much for your time to respond.
Greetings from my leon gto mexico

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…