"App Not Installed"?

Malky

Licensed User
Longtime User
I exported a small test for my app, but when I copy it to the sdcard and try an install, I just get the App not Installed message for some reason?

Any ideas anyone? I've attached the app for someone else to test in case it's my phone or Android version (2.2) on mine.

Malky

Attachments

• test.apk
    128 KB · Views: 215

Malky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, I complied it without signing and there is no other app with the same name on the phone?

Malky

Upvote 0

Malky

Licensed User
Longtime User
Doh!!! I wasn't aware that the bridge software installed on the phone automatically and though it only created the temp apk file. This would explain why, when I copied the file to my phone to install, it wouldn't!!!!

As long as I can rename the tempp apk and send it on to my friends for their views, I'm fine.

Will pass it on tonight.

Malky

Upvote 0

Andrew Gray

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting the same problem and cannot solve it. My app installed fine previously but has suddenly started giving "App not installed".

I have tried:

- Uninstalling the old app
- Renaming the package
- Checking the unfiltered logs
- Restarting the device
- Switching between Debug and Release modes
- Copying the APK manually onto the device and installing it there
- Creating a dummy app with the same package name and overwriting my real app with that (that one did install, but when I went back to the real app I got the same problem)

Nothing works.

Any other suggestions?

Andrew

Last edited:
Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I faced "Parse error" when install my app on Android 6 (it's fine on Android < 6). After a few days, tried many ways I found out that because I deleted 2 files ".classpath" and ".project" in apk file. The apk file size changed and Android 6 didn't like it. :p

Upvote 0