B4R Question 25+ Amp Motor control with browser and touch buttons

Jan Kanon PA7X

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi b4X friends,

I am currently working on a project which needs to control 2 x 25+ AMP DC Motors with NodeMCU (Arduino like by Wifi connection) in the prototype this works. The control is by browser which interacts with the Webservice on the NodeMCU. I now control the motors by buttons which swicthes on and of. However I need touch buttons, as long as you touch the button the motor runs , as you release the motor stops. Is there anyone who has experience (or has examples) by generating touch buttons (html5) from the B4R webserver code ? And i wonder if there is probably a better solution for this i.e. B4A / B4I App directly communication with the NodeMCU.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Best regards, Jan

Jan Kanon PA7X

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think I understand what you give as option (or is 1 and 2 a different option?), i only have not clear which device is the MQTT broker. In the solution as now I only have the smartphone end the NodeMCU. No router or other network connection just wifi connection between this 2 devices. And this is a need because the project is a mobile solution which has not network connections to whatever network.

Please clarify for me the MQTT broker role.

Best regards Jan

Upvote 0

Jan Kanon PA7X

Licensed User
Longtime User
And how do tou think to comunicate between the two parties?
One device must be an AP?

Yes this is direct Wifi between 2 devices. At the moment the NodeMCU is a webserver which can be accessed by browser on the smartphone (connecting wifi to 192.168.4.1, the default of the NodeMCU). I just read that a android can be in the role of MQTT broker so the NodeMCU will be the client in this solution i suppose.

Upvote 0