Layout Issue

gadgetmonster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

This is going to be difficult to explain but I will do my best.

I have a display that has a panel along the top with icons on and a panel along the bottom. In the middle are a series of labels.

The activity is set to display the status bar (fullscreen = false).

Now when I run this on my note 2 it looks perfect. When I run on an S3 emulator it looks fine. When I ran on a smaller display on my daughters phone and on an emulator matching the screen of my daughters phone the screen seems to drop once its drawn. It drops by the height of the phones status bar (where there battery, time and signal strength is displayed). This results in the bottom panel dropping below the bottom of the screen (image attached).

screenshot_2013-05-16_2007_1.png

I have no idea why this is as I use designer scripts to size and anchor the panels. Its as if the screen is drawn using the designer scripts and then the status bar is added afterwards pushing everything down. But why is this ok on the note and s3?

Please help.

Last edited:

yttrium

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you upload your layout file (with the required images)?

Actually Erel I don't think this is an issue with his application. I've seen this happen with some of my users too and I think it's how specially tailored versions of Android draw the status bar - some redraw it after loading the application.

The way I solved it was by calling an Activity.RerunDesignerScript in Activity_Resume.

Upvote 0