Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very interesting idea indeed, will have to keep an eye on that one

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Filippo I have completed my research. I am saving right now. I did ALLOT research on and off for a few weeks In January of this year.
This is the one I found to be the best for the price.

One of the things I REALLY considered was spare parts. I do not want to buy a second printer in 2 years because something broke and the manufacture is gone or moved on. Prusa came out on top with service, spare parts and heck, being part of RepRap it can print out parts of it self. It is partly a self replicating machine. I also noticed that this is their 2nd version of this printer and they even had an upgrade kit so instead of buying the new one you could upgrade your old one. That told me allot about the company. Oh and almost 25,000 members from all over the world in their forum and we all know how big forum support is.

This is just my .02 cents but I will place an order for this one end of May. The bad news is though that this printer is so popular that there is a 7 week lead time. They are selling everything they are making.

Again, just my .02 cents but I will buy this one. :)

D

Deleted member 103

The bad news is though that this printer is so popular that there is a 7 week lead time.
That's true, it's a long time. :(
But if the printer is so good, you can wait for it, we are still so young. ;)

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
one day work for the construction?

I like that. It means I can fix it. I know how it works! I put it together, I can take it apart! LOL
Also too. This printer is beating out printers costing $2000+ It is not real pretty and you have to put it together.

But... You can fix it. That is fine for me.

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, @Filippo.
I have an Anet A8 since January and i really recommend you to begin with it.
It is not expensive (150€) and you can learn a lot with it.
It gaves a very good results and it is not hard to tune it.
I have printed with all the materials, except metal filament.
I used PLA, ABS, Flexible, Wood... and it makes wonderful things.
Hope to help you.

D

Deleted member 103

Hi @Descartex ,

Thank you for the info! For the price, it can risk. ;)
Could you print my part with ABS, of course not free, so I know if it comes out well?

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Descartex ,

Thank you for the info! For the price, it can risk. ;)
Could you print my part with ABS, of course not free, so I know if it comes out well?
Do you have the STL file??? Or do you know the "name" of the piece???
I can do it with no problem...
On a fast view... it should no take longer than 2 hours and a few metres of filament.
Let me check it exactly with the file.

Descartex

Licensed User
Longtime User
WOW @Descartex The price is sure right.
This is exactly what i said when a friend of mine sent me the link...
I bought it as a toy and now i'm doing "semipro" works for people... I have to renew my old knowledge about 3D modelling