Android Question word wrap in label

Binary01

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I use label in my app.
label has word wrap as default. How to disable word wrap in label?
Thanks.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't test it, but try
B4X:
R.Target = your_label
R.RunMethod2("setSingleLine", True, "java.lang.boolean")

ps: you need the Reflection library..

Upvote 0

JonRubin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since I am faily new to B4A could someone please show me how to define "R" in the above example..... Thank you in advance!

Follow-up... Never mind... figured it out... Dim R As Reflector

Upvote 0

Gary Milne

Licensed User
Longtime User
I didn't test it, but try
B4X:
R.Target = your_label
R.RunMethod2("setSingleLine", True, "java.lang.boolean")

ps: you need the Reflection library..
Your latin signature line is not quite correct. Astra is stars, astronomy, astrology etc. So the translation would be something like Through difficulties to the stars. Good saying all the same. Just FYI.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Gary,
you are correct. Literally "astra" means stars. But it was used with the meaning of "high achievement, glory.." by authors like Virginio (Aeneid : Sic itur ad astra) and Seneca (Hercules furens: Non est ad astra mollis e terra via). Something similar (per ardua ad astra) is used by the Royal Air Force, Great Britain.

Me, (a lot) more humbly, stretched its meaning to "success" to honor who, honestly and hardly working day by day, reaches any kind of success.
I'm not new to (very) open translations. Back in high-school days I did it regularly with teachers, for the most part, appreciating my efforts to render the text a bit more "modern".

Anyway, thank you for your comment. I really appreciated you took the time to read and comment on my signature. BTW, did you read the "like" and "donation" part too? :D Just kidding!

Upvote 0