Android Question 5.02 Breakpoints not "breaking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using version 5.02 and have set a few breakpoints, all of which refuse to stop on the breakpoints.
When I am using RAPID debugger, they just "blow" by the points without breaking.
When I switch to LEGACY, all breakpoints DO break but the variables are not visible so you can't see what their values are.
(the problem with the variables not being visible in LEGACY mode was there with pre-5.0 versions, I've just put up with it and not reported it...sorry)
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong with the break point issue?
Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
The project is quite large and has many dependencies.
I've narrowed down some of the issues with the breakpoints in Rapid debugger.
When I set a breakpoint and then RUN the compile and execute, the breakpoints don't work.
If I compile and execute THEN set the breakpoints, they do work.
I don't know if this helps, but by setting a msgbox I can then go RE-set the breakpoints on each compile.
Thanks,
Rusty

Upvote 0

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did some testing on this with emulators and 3 real devices. It is emulator based. I could not reproduce on the real devices. @Rusty can you confirm this or is it different for you?

Upvote 0

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
It definitely does it on BlueStacks. I'll try it this afternoon on a real device and report back.
This is the way it works for me: (large project)
  1. set breakpoints
  2. compile (to BlueStacks)
  3. run
  4. breakpoints don't break (sometimes if you put 5 or 6 breakpoints in a row, it will break, but not reliably)
next:
  1. compile
  2. run
  3. set breakpoints, they break as they are supposed to, completely reliably
Note: in example 1 above, if you RESET (turn off then back on) the breakpoints after compile and before you hit one, it WILL break
Thanks Erel...I really like 5.20 :)
Rusty

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.