Share My Creation 555 Timer Calculator

Hello everyone, i decided to post this app, it's been a while i haven't written any apps.

This application can be used to calculate the Output frequency from the famous 555 Timer, for those of you not familiar with it, here's a link where you can read about it and get a little more familiar with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_timer_IC

Basically, if you are an Electronics hobbyist like myself, this app is a very good tool to find out the Resistor values and capacitor values for a desired frequency.

the app can be downloaded from here, hope you guys test it and give me some feedback.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.genesis.fivefivefivetimer&hl=en

Thanks All.

Attachments

• 512x512.png
    512x512.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,788

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks good.
Since i'm using microcontrollers i haven't use a 555 anymore. But may be useful in future.

But one glitch: on my Xperia Z3 the text in the edit fields is cutted (shows only the lower half).

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks good.
Since i'm using microcontrollers i haven't use a 555 anymore. But may be useful in future.

But one glitch: on my Xperia Z3 the text in the edit fields is cutted (shows only the lower half).
Hi MaFu, thanks for your feedback, i use microcontrollers as well, but i know there are some people who are just learning about electronics and i thought this might be a good tool for them to have.
Anyhow, I will look into the issue with the edit fields and release an update.

Thanks,
Walter

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Walter,

The 555 can be used in much more ways than just clock generation... I haven't tested your app yet but will do so, but since it seems to only calculi the values for clock gen, I would suggest a much more in-deep approach to the 555. along side, even a "best match" table calculator for both resistor and capacitor values and a color code generator... (this is the hobbyst part of me)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Walter,

The 555 can be used in much more ways than just clock generation... I haven't tested your app yet but will do so, but since it seems to only calculi the values for clock gen, I would suggest a much more in-deep approach to the 555. along side, even a "best match" table calculator for both resistor and capacitor values and a color code generator... (this is the hobbyst part of me)
Hi Cableguy, thanks for your feedback, I thought about doing what you suggested and even more, but then i got lazy, i will release a newer version soon, with the best match table and some more features, maybe even some op-amp circuits, transistors, etc.....

Cheers,
Walter

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Cableguy, thanks for your feedback, I thought about doing what you suggested and even more, but then i got lazy, i will release a newer version soon, with the best match table and some more features, maybe even some op-amp circuits, transistors, etc.....

Cheers,
Walter
Nice, give me a yell if you need help