Android Question MaskedEditText - Unexpected event (missing RaiseSynchronousEvents)

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting an error when I'm changing the text of a MaskedEditText from within the _TextChanged function, or from within the _EnterPressed function.

Unexpected event (missing RaiseSynchronousEvents): linesentry_textchanged

Is there any way I can prevent this, or can I ignore it? I can't really clear the text anywhere else in the current format of my application.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The library author should add the relevant annotation to the Text property: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/raisessynchronousevents.3317

You can ignore it. However there will be a small difference between the behavior in Release mode. In release mode the TextChanged event will fire immediately and in debug mode it will only fire after the current code is executed.

Upvote 0

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting an error when I'm changing the text of a MaskedEditText from within the _TextChanged function, or from within the _EnterPressed function.

Is there any way I can prevent this, or can I ignore it? I can't really clear the text anywhere else in the current format of my application.

Yep, I'm getting it too. I'll ignore it, but I hope the MET library gets updated to remove the error. (I spent some time trying to fix it before thinking to search the forum.)

Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

As I never use the debugger, I'm not personaly concerned. So this thing should be brought to my attention when I'm going to deliver a new version to fix a bug or add a suggested feature. I won't create a new version just to remove this warning.

Upvote 0