Android Question Google upload Warnings - I'm so lost

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did all these changes in this thread (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/checking-for-googleplay-installed.74397/#post-472579) to try and check if GooglePlayServices were available before Calling BillingManager3 (trying to avoid crashes)

When I go to upload to Google I now get this message

Warnings

You uploaded an APK that uses Google Play services version 10084000. This will only work with Android API levels of 9 and above. It is discouraged to use this Google Play services version unless you have set the minSdkVersion in your manifest to 9 or higher.

NOW I am trying to support devices running Android OS as low as 2.2

I am so lost at how to check to see if GooglePlayServices is available.
If I do not check before calling BillingManager3 Initialization my program crashes.

AM I the only one out there having these problems?

Problems as I know it:

If the user doesn't have Google Player Services installed or a wrong (lower - not sure of this) version and I call the Initialization of BillingManager3 I crash

If the user doesn't have a Google Account setup and I call the Initialization of BillingManager3 I crash

Can someone verify these somehow?

Can ANYONE help?

BobVal

Not having a Merry Christmas eve

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, trying something different.

I set a Flag in my Starter routine telling myself that I am Calling the BillingManager3 Initialization routine

If I crash I check this flag in my Application_Error code and indicate the I cannot use billing manager and then return FALSE so the App keeps running and the user get informed of the problem.

Sure seems like a messy way of handling this. Seems like BillingManager3 should handle this.

If someone has a better answer I am all ears.

BobVal

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Because I have some users with 2.2 running.

I am hoping my handling where I am in Application_Error will stop crashes.

Upvote 0