iOS Question [Solved] B4i-Bridge Install Issue...Cannot Connect

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried both local Mac server (not a VM) and the remote builder. I thought it was my local builder but the error also happens when I use the remote builder as well.

The issue is very similar to this post:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/mac-builder-with-windows-vm.75066/#post-476567

I have installed the ca.pem. I have created a provisioning profile and certificate. I have checked the multiple IPs possibility and deleted all the files in the Key directory on my local builder. I reinstalled the build server as well but still no go.

I keep getting the error message popup when I press "Install App":
Cannot connect to <ip address>

Builder version: 3.6

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

Last edited:

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried it with both local builder and hosted builder and get the same result. The App ID, certificates and devices are listed in the provision profile. The device is there. The UDID is listed under the device settings and I have double checked the ID.

Upvote 0

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just deleted everything and started from scratch....still same result. I even tried a sample project and still no go.

Upvote 0

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
The B4I certificate is listed on the phone and verified. If you are talking about the UDID from my test phone...no it does not start with "ffffff". Also, my test phone is not an active phone. I just hooked up WIFI to it. I don't believe it needs to be active, correct?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried it with a hotspot on my personal phone (on the 4G network) with the hosted builder and the same error occurs.

Update and Good News!!!
I tried another test phone (iPhone 4) and it worked great! It must be something on that specific phone (iPhone 6) so for now this is my issue, not yours.

Thank you so much for you assistance and patience...it is really appreciated!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Martinez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I GOT IT!!!!

For anyone else experiencing this, check out below:

I reset all settings (General > Reset > Reset All Settings) then...

In General > About > Certificate Trust Settings > Enable Full Trust for Root Certificates.

B4i was there and turned off. I turned it on and BAM! It worked!

It seems the older phones automatically trust installed certificates and the newer phones do not. You have to manually set it to trusted. It may be a new security patch.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for that; I've just come back to b4i after some months, and with a new test device (a 5, on latest iOS). I've spent all afternoon recreating profiles and certificates, and rebooting, all with the same result - "Cannot connect"

Finally, I found this thread, and your solution has worked. (Also, I'm even less impressed than before with Apple's UX; a message about certificate trust would at least have pointed in the right direction, rather than just bleating "Cannot connect.")

Upvote 0

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Likewise, I have just returned to B4i with a iPhone 5 (previously a 4s), latest OS and new certificates etc all over the place and kept getting Cannot Connect.

I did the whole messy exercise twice with the same result.

I searched high and low on the forums without success and was about to tear what small clumps of hair I had left out when I stumbled across this thread.

Same result - everything now works.

Erel - you need to make this pothole very prominent in your tutorials or something - it is a total disaster.

Upvote 0

ykucuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

i have i phone 6 (10.2.1) and iPhone7 +(10.1.1)

What i tried so far:

1)
General > Reset > Reset All Settings
General > About > Certificate Trust Settings > Enable Full Trust for Root Certificates.

no affect.

2)
General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
Install ca.pem from b4x.com
General > About > Certificate Trust Settings > Enable Full Trust for Root Certificates.

Everything work well ( designer on bridge, server pages over 51041 and 51042 port) except install app to phone.

I got same error cannot connect to ip address. There is no any network error. I tried with both phone access this server page and see install button there.

Mac firewall is off.

No matter click button on web page or Debug from IDE unfortunately same error.

Any help ?

Edit: i have hosted builder service also. it works with http://208.52.154.96:51041/myusername

Last edited:
Upvote 0