iOS Question ScrollChanged event: Scrollview inside a Scrollview

Marcus Araujo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Inside one main scrollview (parent) I have several panels placed vertically, each panel contains other scrollviews (children). The children contain page indicators (UIPageControl).

It's as in the picture.

1iivIEi.png

The problem I am facing is that I need to get the children's event _ScrollChanged fired, because I need to indicate in UIPageControl the current page, but it's not getting fired. I suspect that there is an interception of _ScrollChanged between the children and the parent scrollview.

Any ideas?

Marcus Araujo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, both are scrolling fine. In B4a, the event is fired, though.

The main difference besides the operating system/architecture, is that in B4a, I am using AHViewPager and in B4i, iMashPager, as a child.

The only thing I want to achieve is to know when user switched pages, that's all that matters.

Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
One way i would go about doing that is catch the _Touch event on the scrollview's panel and follow steps in order to figure out what the user is doing.

Step 1: catch if its an horizontal scroll (Action_Move if new X > old_x by 100dip (example))
Step 2: catch the relative scrollview by going through a loop:

B4X:
For each v as view in sv.panel.Getallviewsrecursive
if(v is scrollview)then
dim tempscroll as scrollview = v
if(tempscroll.top > y and (tempscroll.top+tempscroll.height)<y)then
'This is the scrollview targeted
'Act accordingly in relation to the Action Move direction
end if
end if

I do things like this and it works very well. It does depend on the number of views you have in the main scrollview. if there are a lot of views you will slow down the app for sure because of the loop.

I am unsure if thats what you are looking for. I am just trying to help ;)

Y.

Upvote 0

Marcus Araujo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the tips, colleagues! I have deeply analyzed the differences and found one clue: actually only the last child works (they're all added dynamically).

Upvote 0