Android Question Remove Unwanted Bluetooth and Wifi State Permissions

JohnF76

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was trying to create an app release on the Play Store and the Review Summary shows the following Severe Warning...
New permissions added
Warning:
Users that have the APK with version code 21 may need to accept one or more of the android.permission.BLUETOOTH,
android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN, and android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE permissions, which may result in them not upgrading to this version of the app.
Tip:
Ensure that the new permissions are necessary, and consider mentioning these permissions in the What's new in this release text.

I had just updated my app to add support for runtime permissions and my app does not use any of these permissions, how can I remove these unwanted permissions from the automatically generated AndroidManifest.xml

JohnF76

Licensed User
Longtime User
They are all listed under "Toggle"
upload_2018-11-13_20-41-23.png

Last night while searching for a solution, I found a thread that said it was added by the debugger and that I could ignore it.
Unfortunately, Google doesn't ignore it.

Upvote 0

JohnF76

Licensed User
Longtime User
I used the Toggle Library to easily turn on the GPS as part of the Location Permissions.
I'll have to write my own GPS toggle to avoid the Bluetooth permissions. :(

Upvote 0

JohnF76

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel,
I've removed the toggle feature from my app and replaced it with a short message to remind that the GPS need to be on.
Luckily it's not an important feature.
If your interested, you can search the Play Store for "ShiraleeApps" to find my 3 apps written using your excellent software.

Upvote 0