Android Question A couple of questions

Lary Yenta

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey folks!

I had my meeting with the Canadian Diabetes Association today as well as my meeting with the Diabetes Educators. They really like the app so far!

My first question is whether anyone has made a Date Picker that takes Dates as YYYY-MM-DD? My reasoning for this is why write something new if there is already an existing one. Also, and this is kind of a survey here, I know that in Quebec, a province here in Canada, they pretty well use the 24 hour clock. I use the 24 hour clock myself regularly. Apparently, there are still many who use the AM/PM, I would much prefer if in my app if I could get people to use both the YYYY-MM-DD as well as the 24 hour clock, any comments?

My last question is, would it be possible to store my database in File.DirDefaultExternal ? Would this be considered to be a "poor" practice?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Regards,

Lary

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Check AnotherDatePicker class. AnotherDatePicker uses the format set with DateTime.DateFormat.

There is at least one time picker dialog in the Dialogs library. There are probably others as well.

My last question is, would it be possible to store my database in File.DirDefaultExternal ? Would this be considered to be a "poor" practice?
It is fine. If the data is confidential then it may be problematic as other applications can access this folder as well (unlike File.DirInternal).

Upvote 0