B4J Question [ABMaterial] Capturing hover on a NavigationBar.topItem

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys...
Just like the title says...
I want to be able to show a ExtraContent when hoovering a NavigationBar.TopItem, without the need of the ExtraHalfButton...
Alternatively, I can live with clicking the NavigationBar.topItem to show the ExtraContent... but I would much prefer the hoover

The issue is... The NavigationBar only has a Grouped Click event where we need to sort wich TopItem was clicked... (This may solve the alternative behaviour I'm aiming for...)
But it doesn't capture the Hoovering States...

Any ideas?

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not build-in, mainly because ABM is a mobile first framework (where hover has no meaning). You could look what the id is of the button (in the browser console) and add a jQuery hover even that raises a B4J event back to the server page (add using page.ws.eval + page.ws.flush). Then you can open the extra content.

In our apps, we just use the click on the topitem to open/close the extra content.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I was afraid that would be the case.... Click event will sufice i guess...

I am also strugling just to get the ExtraContent working...

I'm just too rusty and can't see the dahm forest because of all these trees in front....

Can you just share a smal snippet for the creation of the extra content?

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am also strugling just to get the ExtraContent working...
Did u miss my last tutorial?

It discusses extra content...

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0