B4J Question ABMaterial - Cloudflare

codie01

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have just introduced cloudflare as a proxy infront of my server and its ABMaterial apps.

All works as normal except the link seems to drop and then reopen randomly. It maybe a heartbeat from cloudflare or similar issue. In the nohup.out log I see a disconnect and reconnect.

The issue this give can be described as follows:

I open my page as normal.
I click on a button which clears a row with a container of differing components, it then replaces it with another container of different components as refreshes the row.
This has worked well for nearly two years with no issues.

Now with cloudflare, the disconnect and reconnect, the webpage I am in and the row showing on screen remains when this happens, however the starting page initial layout appears below, effectively giving two pages and the navigationbar duplicates.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thx

MichalK73

Licensed User
Longtime User
First check without a proxy in CF. In the DNS CF tab. There, uncheck the traffic to go through the proxy but directly (cloud icon). If it is wrong, it means that something is on the link between CF and your server or the ABMaterial server itself. You can do the same via IP connection to the ABMaterial server. If it's ok, then you have to play with cache and CF optimization options. I usually turn off some options there for it to work well. It's not always good for ABMaterial to include an option in CF.
After every change in CF, clear the cache in CF and browsers.

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yea, websocket support over proxy servers is terrible at best. our LED signs use websockets as well as our ABMaterial built stuff, and anything behind a proxy server is super sketchy to non-existent in operation.

Upvote 0