B4J Question [ABMaterial] Custom navigation bar, collapsible sidebar and other questions

mindful

Licensed User
Hello, I was wondering if it is or if it will be possible in future versions of ABMaterial to:

1. Add something other than an image at the top of the sidebar ?! (see attached image)

2. Hide the sidebar ?! (or collapse it)

3. Add something other than icons to the navigation bar (like label, images, badges, butons with icons and text ?)

4. Is there a control for a popup sidebar (on the right) ? I know this can be done using ABMCustomComponent but just wondering if there are any plans for this on future version ..

5. Can we add other controls over a parallax ? (buttons, labels, input ?)

6. Can we add graphs or any other controls besides buttons to cards ? (see attached image)

7. Is it possible to replace the scroll bar on the sidebar with a more nice looking one ? (see attached image)

8. Are there any other components from materializecss that are planned for future releases !? (Horizontal Action Button, Breadcumbs, Combo with multiple selects, Pushpin, Scrollspy, Diferent kind of collapsible lists, etc.)

Thanks

Attachments

• ss+(2015-05-31+at+05.02.23).png
    ss+(2015-05-31+at+05.02.23).png
    347 KB · Views: 505

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mindful,

If the question is 'will ABMaterial mimic the site I posted' then the answer can be short: no. ABMaterial may have started with Materialize CSS as a base, but since then it is writing its own story. (controls not found in other frameworks, like ABMAudioPlayer, ABMPivotTable, ABMPDFViewer in 1.08) That said, I'll try to get a grip on what its users want reading the wishes posted in the feedback app.

The long anwser:

1. Add something other than an image at the top of the sidebar ?! (see attached image)
Maybe one day. Although I find this myself a bit of an overkill

2. Hide the sidebar ?! (or collapse it)
No. The sidebar has its own mechanism when to show and when to hide (desktop: always show, tablet+phone: hide when needed). This is part of the responsive backbone and will not be changed.

3. Add something other than icons to the navigation bar (like label, images, badges, butons with icons and text ?)
Could be possible one day, but it is not really recommanded by Google (keep it simple)

4. Is there a control for a popup sidebar (on the right) ? I know this can be done using ABMCustomComponent but just wondering if there are any plans for this on future version ..
Not in the immediate future.

5. Can we add other controls over a parallax ? (buttons, labels, input ?)
Maybe, haven't checked out parallax myself that much

6. Can we add graphs or any other controls besides buttons to cards ? (see attached image)
At this point you have to be creative yourself and create your own 'card'. I've seen users of ABMaterial creating gorgeous cards for e.g. products. You'll start with an ABMContainer component and then the limits are only your creativity.

7. Is it possible to replace the scroll bar on the sidebar with a more nice looking one ? (see attached image)
This is a bit of a pickle. As for now, it should appear as the defaut one (looking on a PC as a PC scrollbar, on a tablet as a tablet scrollbar etc...)

8. Are there any other components from materializecss that are planned for future releases !? (Horizontal Action Button, Breadcumbs, Combo with multiple selects, Pushpin, Scrollspy, Diferent kind of collapsible lists, etc.)
ABMaterial is always growing with new components. If the ones you mention are coming soon is hard to tell. e.g. scrollspy and the collapsable lists are already build in.

P.S. if you want to add some wishes to the feedback app, mail me for a login ([email protected]). You can give your top five cases points and then I can have some sort of feeling what could be next.

Cheers,

Alain

Upvote 0

mindful

Licensed User
Hi Alain,

Thanks for the blazing fast answer! I got it wrong :) I thought that you will add all the components based on materializecss, now its all clear :) that you started with materialize css as a base!

Just my thoughts:

- Every backend/admin view of any application should show the current user which is logged in. May or may not have an avatar at least his name (text) should be always visible. That is why i was wondering if we can add something other than an image to the sidebar or something other besides icons to the navigation bar.

- Regarding the collapsible sidebar - there are many applications that need the full screen show in some point of the logic, just like on the tablet or phone. Anyway this is just my thought :D

Best regards and keep up the good work !

Mihai

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
- Every backend/admin view of any application should show the current user which is logged in. May or may not have an avatar at least his name (text) should be always visible. That is why i was wondering if we can add something other than an image to the sidebar or something other besides icons to the navigation bar.
This makes perfect sense to have something else than an image/logo on top of the sidebar now :). Please add it in the feedback app, I'll see what I can do!

Upvote 0