B4J Question [ABMaterial] How to Left Align NavBar Title?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

I would like to left align my navbar title and not center it as default? How can I achieve that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

leftalignnavbarheader.png

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can't. This is a very delicate thing to do because ABMaterial is resposive. In the very beginning something like that was allowed, but since then the navigation bar has grown a lot it is not possible any more. You'll need to play with the 'HideOnMediumAndLarge' param of the top item and forsee an alternative for on a phone. It may be better to use a drop down in the topbar if you have to many top items.

Upvote 0

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can't. This is a very delicate thing to do because ABMaterial is resposive. In the very beginning something like that was allowed, but since then the navigation bar has grown a lot it is not possible any more. You'll need to play with the 'HideOnMediumAndLarge' param of the top item and forsee an alternative for on a phone. It may be better to use a drop down in the topbar if you have to many top items.
Eish jah. I'm at the moment creating all my pages and components to be 'static' i.e. on BuildPage and not on ConnectPage. I understand with that method the components get to be part of the HTML, surely if that is the case, but then again I could be wrong, would'nt it be a matter of updating some "class" property of the navigation bar element perhaps?

Upvote 0