B4J Question [ABMaterial] Problem with ABMGoogleMap pins caching.

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

Every 15 sec I put on ABMGoogleMap some dynamic pins, that may change in those 15 sec!
I've noticed that even if I do GM1.RemoveMarkers or GM1.RemoveMarker(marker_id), when I put the new pin images, the map shows the last cached pins! How could I prevent that?

Thank you in advance!

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
without seeing any code, this is pure guessing, but have you tried a googlemap refresh right after removing the pins and before adding the new ones? Also, if it is the images that change, then you will need to give them a unique name (e.g. adding DateTime.Now to the filename) else your browser will cache them.

On a side note: are you aware of Googles 15x price increase? Since last month you can only make 28000 free requests/month (used to be 25000/day). You making a call every 15 sec (or two if you need to do a refresh to remove them first), you could reach your limit in 5 (2.5 in case of the remove refresh) days for one single user: you would potentially make 5760 (11520 in case of the remove refresh) calls per day per user. After using your free ones, it will cost you $7/1000 calls. This could get very expensive very fast!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Alain,

Thank you for your response!
The truth is that I hadn’t got the time to watch the changes to the Google Maps policies! If every refresh, zoom, put pins on the map correspond to hits, then the Google Platform is simply unusable for the low budget systems I use it for!
So, I have to find an alternative but I don’t know if ABMaterial could support that and the way could do it!

Thank you in advance!

Upvote 0