B4J Question [ABMaterial] Request for testing 2.16 (2016/12/07)

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Mindful and I have been working on a better system for the reconnecting system. We did take a step back and tried a completely different approach to the problem, as we had the feeling for every 'fix' we did, another 'problem' appeared.

I have updated the demo (http://abmaterial.com) and the feedback app with the new system so if you find some time, can you play a bit with it on some different devices and report issues you may find?

Thank you!

Alwaysbusy

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
oh boy, oh boy!!! Could it be true?
Let us hope so...

your abmaterial.com - should - as it does - redirect to the 51042/demo

I do the same in my website with tripinspect.com (index.html or php...).

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
alwaysbusy.no-ip.org is one of those free redirects.
Why? does it help or hinder or what? You have the domain... I don't follow... (cause I am not up on this stuff like u guys).

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you see this yet?
No I didn't. Seems like a good solution!

abmaterial.com goes to our server at work, alwaysbusy.no-ip.org goes to my little server at home. Didn't want to put it on our work production server as I did not know what you rascals would do with it :) Maybe it's time to move it to the producion server too...

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No I didn't. Seems like a good solution!

abmaterial.com goes to our server at work, alwaysbusy.no-ip.org goes to my little server at home. Didn't want to put it on our work production server as I did not know what you rascals would do with it :) Maybe it's time to move it to the producion server too...
Yes, agreed. We could very well swamp your prod with needless stuff in a hurry, if we were so inclined.
But now that you know us better... (well some of us anyway).

I just got 2 new great VPS on Black Friday specials for 40 bucks (US) per year. I also upgraded the three that I have from 45 to 22 bucks per year on the same special. How can you argue with that... Works for me!

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a meeting in town all day tomorrow. Canadian and provincial (BC) government showing us newbies how we can access their cash... (like that can happen). Anyway free breakfast and lunch - and hopefully connect with new contacts. See ya..

Upvote 0

PCastagnetti

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello to all
I redid the test with the samsung galaxy s5 neo(Android 6) and the stock browser:
it works:)

Even the disconnection and reconnection worked properly

Is it possible to have the new b4j_ws?

Thank you

Upvote 0

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tested on Chrome (Android tablet and Win 10) and works fine.

One question though, in my opinion user experience navigating across Abmaterial options is slow (I think slower than first versions)

Maybe is it caused because slow internet access to abmaterial server or because the increase of html/javascript code?

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm now working on speed as it was a bit ignored during the reconnect development. Should be better when released.
I did find a BIG speed improvement between mini-test (2.01) and 2.03 release. You can make it even faster? Sweet.

So, I take it you are comfortable with ws now, and we should no longer experience (endless spinning) issues across all (modern - apple, android and windows) browsers. Big relief.

Thanks ab...

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@mindful

Thanks for your expert input on these matters. You and others helping ab with your knowledge only strengthens this framework - making it more robust and attractive. It certainly helps when experts chime in with sound alternatives / examples that broaden the (often conflicted) view of the developer. Everyone needs all the help they can get.

I can not express enough how proud and fortunate I am to have found this B4X environment and supportive community that works so well (so few years in the making).
I challenge anyone to show me a simpler, more fully featured, error free system to create native mobile and modern web apps that function at this level - all that work seamlessly together without having to step outside the framework to "shoe horn" something in. "Complete" doesn't define B4X completely... It is a difficult concept to grasp/acknowledge - because it doesn't exist anywhere else.

Of course, I can not expect everyone (die-hards in other devs) to grasp my meaning - until they have walked in my shoes. But, believe me - I have been there, done that, spent countless $$, struggled with, been frustrated, wasted countless hours / etc - trying to learn all other offerings. Every minute spent here has been rewarding and productive. Newbie (like me) or expert - this IS for you.

The very fact that I can take time out to write this, is testament to the exceptional productivity enjoyed with B4X and professional add - ons from a like-minded community supported effort..

Thanks

Upvote 0

mindful

Licensed User
@Harris ... first of all thanks for you kind words, but I am no expert in this ... I am just "testing" some problems that I encountered in other ide/frameworks/applications and report to Alain so he can make this framework unique (this is not only a framework for the web it's also for the server itself since the next version will cache your active data(page) independently from the server session - and you will be able to setup the cache variables to suit your needs or you production needs. this is a big step in ABMaterial as it somehow completes the server part)

Also what Alain has done with the reconnecting websocket is a really big deal as there are many variables he needed to take note of and he couldn't done it with the support of the users that tested the alfa/beta versions. So in my opinion this framework grows into something that will be hard to stop from evolving (hurray for us users ;) )

So big thanks to all of you, keep your projects growing so you can report real statistics and problems so that Alain can improve the framework even further !

Upvote 0