B4J Question [ABMaterial Sidebar] Image location

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something dreadfully wrong here but....

I have an ABMaterial application running on a Centos 7 VPS. (Latest b4j and ABMaterial)

I wanted to store logo files in a folder, each file named by the id number of whichever company is logging in so Anywhere Software logo would be 1.png, AlwaysBusy's Corner would be 2.jpg (named after their PK in a mySQL table).

the folder is at "/home/mydomain/CompanyLogos".

(NB - I wanted it here because I have 3 distinct applications doing very different tasks but for the same companies so I just wanted to store their logos in one place)

When a company logs in (using ABMLoginHandler) I build a string which contains the full path and file name and checks if it exists with File.Exists("",CompanyLogo)

This works fine and i get True returned.

Everything goes fine until the ConnectPage sub is executed just before the page is first displayed. In fact the page appears, just not the logo.

I added some logs in the BuildNavigationBar sub to make sure the path was being sent correctly with the following results in Terminal

Image location in BuildNavigationBar -
sbtopimg.Source = /home/mydomain/CompanyLogos/1.png
logo = /home/mydomain/CompanyLogos/1.png

so I assumed at this point it would be pointing to the correct place, however when Page.Refresh runs in the ConnectPage sub I'm seeing

Waiting for value (29 ms)
/home/mydomain/CompanyLogos/1.png
Not Found

I *could* just use a catch all logo but I thought I'd give this a try and it's confusing me but I don't want to give up now!

Does anyone have any ideas before I scrap it off and use the catch all logo?

Thanks!

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you will have to make it relative to where the html file is (it might be a right problem to start from so deep in your folder structure?):

EDIT: with rights I mean your jar can access the home folder (or whatever folder on your hd), but the web app only its own 'www' folder, nothing deeper.

e.g.

/myapp/CompanyLogos/1.png
/myapp/myPage/myPage.html

use:
B4X:
../CompanyLogos/1.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
your jar can access the home folder (or whatever folder on your hd), but the web app only its own 'www' folder, nothing deeper

With a bit more fiddling that does appear to be the case. I'll figure out an alternative way of doing it at some point and just use a common logo for now - deadlines are looming and I'm spending too much time on unnecessary cosmetics :) thanks @alwaysbusy

Upvote 0