table1.AddRow("Peter","12345678")
table1.AddRow("Albert","85856587")
'
'
'
'
table1.AddRow("Julian","36587811")
End Sub

Sub Table1_SelectionChanged (ColName, Row)
' this is only event for table ???
'
' can i catch click on Head (name or phone)
' i want use sort by name or by phone
End Sub

:confused:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
If all you are wanting to do is sort by either the name or the number then I don't think this will work as the value is not actually being changed and so the event won't be fired.
As an alternative why not try using the MouseDown event on the Form, you could say that if x is <120 Then sort by name else sort by number.

Regards,
RandomCoder

giannimaione

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey RandomCoder,

I do not understand
Can you make example?
Regards,
Gianni

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's better for you to try first and if you experience a problem then were all here to help out.

Basically what I was meaning by...
if x is <120 Then sort by name else sort by number
is that if the stylus is tapped in the first half of the screen, i.e. where the name column is then sort the table by name else if tapped in the other half of the screen then sort by the number (presuming that the table divides the screen in two).

Of course you could narrow down the positions so that only the table headers are covered, and I'd also advise setting the table enabled to false so that you can't accidentally change any values. When you need to change/add new values you could have a button at the bottom of the screen that allows this to be done.

If you really feel that you want me to do it for you I will, it's just that I find it's always better to learn by trial and error rather than being handed a solution.
Just remember that there's are no rights and wrongs with programming its like handwriting - everyone has there own style! (of course some peoples handwriting is more elegant than others ;))

Regards,
RandomCoder

giannimaione

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes,
it is a nice and easy solution.