Android Question Acceptable - Anyone have an Image peel routine?

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone have a image peel routine??

I am using the Card Flip routines (Card Flip) to flip to the next CD cover when the song changes in my music program.

But would rather do Peel (similar to the PageTurnView) to the next Image (in my case CD Cover). PageTurnView is geared toward someone actually moving their finger.

Is there a way to have the New Image turn/peel onto the Old Image

The card flip routine works great and look cool but flipping one CD Cover to another with a peel would look even better.

Plus it would work for card games as well - peel the card off the deck instead of flipping.

BobVal

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you can request here:

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is SOOOOOOOO Cool

This is what I would like to do Page Turn with my CD Music Covers (automatically of course - no use interaction)

Found the source: Page Curl Source

This might be the actual source PageFlipWithLayout

I am sure it is above my level of expertise but will see if I can get it working. LOL surely not.

Keep you posted

Oops may have spoken too soon. Seems like this might be a better way to go GitHub PageFlip

Will look at both

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have looked at it. Doesn't seem to provide anyway to just call "Turn Page" and have a page turned.
Seems to need user to move finger. I guess there might be a way to simulate that action to the library?

Also appears (unless PageTurnView demo was done differently) to not show the back of the page when turning as in the at the video link ( Page Turn ) I posted.
Showing the back when turning page just is so cool (or maybe just my old age showing)

Was just something that would be nice to have a easy to use library. My music program is just for me so not sales here so hard to justify paying for a library.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I figured out how to get an acceptable out come to what I wanted to see.

Not a peal per-say but flipping cover shows the new cover as it is flipping old.

This was pretty easy once I realized that the cover flipping was showing what was behind it (nothing just the blank screen) I created another bitmap behind it and set it to the finish product so as I flipped the old one the new one started showing.

So I created a demo just in case someone wanted to do this.

There a 4 bitmaps that are loaded at startup and clicking "Flip Image" button will cycle through them.

NOTE: I setup the flipping routine to stop 1/2 way and to flip a different direction each time.

NOT a peal but something I can live with.

Enjoy

PS: Almost forgot. Thanks to whoever came up with the rotateImage routine

Attachments

• Test_Bitmap.zip
    87.5 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 0