Android Question Access contents of a *.pfx file

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm able to extract the contents via OpenSSL (e.g. the private key) "by hand". Based on the example here Get contents of a certificate I'm able to get contents of a certificate but not a *,pfx file. So how do I get the contents of a *.pfx file? Example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15130548/how-can-i-read-the-content-of-a-pfx-file-in-java

B4X:
 public void checkExpire() {

try {
            KeyManagerFactory kmf = javax.net.ssl.KeyManagerFactory.getInstance("SunX509");
            KeyStore keystore = KeyStore.getInstance("PKCS12");
            char[] password= "yourfilepassword".toCharArray();

keystore.load(new FileInputStream("filepath\filename.pfx"),password);
            //keystore.load(new FileInputStream(certificate), password);
            kmf.init(keystore, psswd);
            Enumeration<String> aliases = keystore.aliases();
            while(aliases.hasMoreElements()){
                String alias = aliases.nextElement();
                if(keystore.getCertificate(alias).getType().equals("X.509")){
                Date expDate = ((X509Certificate) keystore.getCertificate(alias)).getNotAfter();
                Date fromDate= ((X509Certificate) keystore.getCertificate(alias)).getNotBefore();
        System.out.println("Expiray Date:-"+expDate );
        System.out.println("From Date:-"+fromDate);
                }
            }
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

}

Note: I've installed the *.pfx file on my phone after downloading it. Now I want to access the contents to sign messages with the private key (I know how to sign but I'm not able to access the contents).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…