Access to Outlook contacts

Big JR

Licensed User
Longtime User
This isn't the prettiest way to access Contact data from the PPC Outlook but may be of interest.
Put the Test7 Basic4PPC program, PocketOutlook.dll and POExport.exe all in the same folder. Put csvTemplate.csv in the root folder on the PPC (My Windows Mobile-based Device). Run Test7 through Basic4PPC.
POExport.exe is a freely available exe that can be redistributed for any use including commercial. See http://poexport.berlios.de/
The PocketOutlook.dll is not a Basic4PPC dll. It is accessed by POExport (not a Basic4PPC program) to store Contact data according to the structure given in the csvTemplate.csv. That structure can be changed. The contacts data is stored in Contacts.csv that is created in the root folder of your PPC.
My Basic4PPC program works by shelling out to POExport and waiting until POExport has created the Contacts csv file. That file doesn't seem to be in a format for direct load to a Basic4PPC Table (but I can't see why) anyway, my program reads each line of the Contacts csv file and writes it as Contacts2.csv. That is directly loadable into a Basic4PPC table (which could be invisible for reading elsewhere in your Basic4PPC application).
It's not the fastest way to get Contacts data into a Basic4PPC application and direct access to the POOM would be hugely beneficial. I need access to birthday and anniversary details in Contacts and POExport doesn't access those! Anyway, as I say, could be of interest.

Attachments

• Contacts_access.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 405

luckyluc78

but Outlook library is not available for wm2003se

You can now use the Outlook library (included with Basic4ppc v5.50) to access POOM information.

is it possible to have a version of the Outlook library that works with wm2003se?