iOS Question Adapt to all iOS resolutions?

Scotter

Licensed User
Does anyone want to share an app I can use as a template to get started on building a simple iOS app that adapts to all current iPhones and iPads? This will be my first iOS app.
What I want to make is an iOS version of this Android app I made a couple years ago: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Cobra.CalcMaterials.
I'm not asking for more than the project files for any iOS app that just has a screen set up that adapts well to all (or at least many) iOS screen sizes.
Thanks!

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it's exactly the same as on Android.

use screen percentages (10%x) or if you prefer the designer use the scripts there and the anchors.

if I recall right all iPads have a 3:2 aspect ration and iPhone 16:9.
so you only have 2 different states you could focus on but depending on the app you don't even need to keep that in mind.

Upvote 0

Scotter

Licensed User
it's exactly the same as on Android.

use screen percentages (10%x) or if you prefer the designer use the scripts there and the anchors.

if I recall right all iPads have a 3:2 aspect ration and iPhone 16:9.
so you only have 2 different states you could focus on but depending on the app you don't even need to keep that in mind.
Thanks for the tips! I'm glad to hear I can copy what I've done in B4A in terms of the designer.
One thing I am not so good at: My Android apps don't adapt as well as I'd like them to to different resolutions.
This is why I was hoping someone could share one of their designer files made specifically for iOS.
Do you have one you could share for me to study?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0