Android Question Adding Google Maps API To An Existing Project

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
In the Google Maps Tutorial the following instruction is found....

4. Create an API project - Follow these steps and create an API project.
You should follow the steps under "Creating an API Project" and "Obtaining an API key".

Tips:
- Make sure to select "Google Maps Android API v2" in the services list and not one of the other similar services.
- Under "Simple API Access" you should select "Key for Android apps (with certificates

Creating a Maps API project from the beginning is described in the tutorial. As this will be my first outing with this API I want to add this functionality to an existing project. Is there a work-flow that permits this or do I really have to create an 'API project' right from the outset as the text appears to suggest ?

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. It is very easy to confuse between the Google API console and the API options shown on the Developer console.

When uploading a project to the Play store Google warns you that the MinSDK version should be raised to 9 from your default value of 4 to support this API.

It is easy to change <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9"> ........but are there any other considerations when you change that ???

Upvote 0