Android Question Adding Google Maps API To An Existing Project

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by RichardN, Feb 8, 2015.

1. RichardN

RichardN Active Member Licensed User

In the Google Maps Tutorial the following instruction is found....

Creating a Maps API project from the beginning is described in the tutorial. As this will be my first outing with this API I want to add this functionality to an existing project. Is there a work-flow that permits this or do I really have to create an 'API project' right from the outset as the text appears to suggest ?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

It doesn't matter whether you add it to an existing project or a new one.

The API project step is not really related to your app. It is done in Google API console.

3. RichardN

RichardN Active Member Licensed User

Thanks Erel. It is very easy to confuse between the Google API console and the API options shown on the Developer console.

When uploading a project to the Play store Google warns you that the MinSDK version should be raised to 9 from your default value of 4 to support this API.

It is easy to change <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9"> ........but are there any other considerations when you change that ???

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You should update minSDkVersion as Google Play Services in only supported on Android 2.3+.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice