Wish Additional Libraries parameter

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sure would be nice if we had a #AdditionalLibs : <some path to inculde>

I have ONLY 1 project where I am forced to use the old OkHttpUtils2 but there is no way to have my other projects use the new version.

I guess if I can't get the AdditionalLibs parameter, maybe a an update to the new OkHttpUtils2 library to allowing specifying which version to use.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have ONLY 1 project where I am forced to use the old OkHttpUtils2 but there is no way to have my other projects use the new version.
Why not install another copy of B4A somewhere other than the default, place the old libraries in its standard libraries folder and use it just for the one project? the two copies of the IDE will share the same settings from AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Softwate\Basic4android but that should not be a problem.

Also you could put the additional one in a sandbox, such as Sandboxie Plus to keep it separate from your main Windows installation
I'm now using Sandboxie PLus instaed of Virtualbox as it's simpler with a lot higher performance - though not quite as secure.

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess so, but so many new devices and software version it sure seems like it is time for some project related settings

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess it must be more then that

When I rename the OkHttpUtils2.b4xlib to OkHttpUtils2-2-96.b4xlib and then include the library OkHttpUtils2-2-96 (but not include the OkHttpUtils2 [which is 3.00])

I get
1657918441844.png

Are any jars needed to be renamed?

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well I guess I will have to live with it.

Thanks for the try.

Still think we could use some project specific settings. We have #AdditionalJab how hard could it be to have #AddionalLib or #AdditionaLibPath

Again thanks