Admob, eCPM very very low

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My revenue from Admob is up and down but I don't see a huge drop. Please check your app, maybe it didn't work anymore so the users uninstalled it?

are u using interstitial ads?? admob sent me a mail and explained to me why my revenue dropped...

Hi Ilan,

Beside the bug (which we already fixed), there is another thing you should be aware of.
If you’ve noticed a change in your mobile interstitial click through rate, it may be due to a recent change we made in how we treat clicks on interstitial ad units.
If users click on the interstitial within the first second of the ad appearing, we’ll ignore that click. All clicks after the first second will continue to register as usual.
This is one of many quality improvements we make to the network each year to benefit users, advertisers and publishers, in the long term.
To ensure maximum revenue potential, please review your interstitial ad placements to ensure they are not encouraging accidental clicks. Make sure that the interstitials are placed where there are true breakpoints of user action within the app. For example, if you have a game where the user is tapping the screen rapidly, avoid having an interstitial served in the middle of the clicking action. You can find more information about ad implementation best practices here.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Google AdMob

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using both banner and interstital ads from Admob. However, I didn't receive their email like you said. Maybe they treat publishers differently?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using both banner and interstital ads from Admob. However, I didn't receive their email like you said. Maybe they treat publishers differently?

admob israel contact me about 5 month ago and adviced me how to improve my income with admob and i did what they say and it really helped...
2 month ago my income drop down and i contact them and then they sent me that mail...