after 2.5 years with b4x ...

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and still not a millioner :(

what am i doing wrong? working hard, more then 40 apps... does anyone got the formula for success?
Did you think about selling views or tools to other developers ? It's what I do with my UltimateListView and whilst I cannot earn a living (I don't need to) with this view, it's a valuable source of revenue. Another way of making money is to write views or apps for B4A users. I stopped to write code for others, but two years ago, I received at least one proposal a week.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you think about selling views or tools to other developers ? It's what I do with my UltimateListView and whilst I cannot earn a living (I don't need to) with this view, it's a valuable source of revenue. Another way of making money is to write views or apps for B4A users. I stopped to write code for others, but two years ago, I received at least one proposal a week.

Yes i tried, i offered 2 complete source code for small money but not much interest on them.

I am very happy with what i did until now with b4x but the problem is google change every day their policy so i cannot count on them.

I developed 2 new apps few days ago that i will offer them for small business (shops) but first need to open a company for that.

Thanx for your advice, btw your ULV is great i am also one of your happy costumer and one of my new top secret app use it and as i promised you (long time ago) as soon as i will make good money from it you will get a nice donation. ;)

Last edited:

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Simple, if you want money make apps already exist and have many downloads.
Make app with user interaction, for example
Chats (Already exist, no problem important is money)
Simple Games (Already exist, no problem important is money)
Social Apps (Already exist, no problem important is money)
Photo Editor Apps (Already exist, no problem important is money)

Important is users, if you make your users back to your app later a time you made many money(Social App).

And really need lucky, you can make now a hard app, working 2 years + and get 50 - 100 downloads
And you can make a simple app and get 10000000 - 50000000 downloads.

I dont lost my time, my patience learning and making hard apps, and i m making money.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Simple, if you want money make apps already exist and have many downloads.
Make app with user interaction, for example
Chats (Already exist, no problem important is money)
Simple Games (Already exist, no problem important is money)
Social Apps (Already exist, no problem important is money)
Photo Editor Apps (Already exist, no problem important is money)

Important is users, if you make your users back to your app later a time you made many money(Social App).

And really need lucky, you can make now a hard app, working 2 years + and get 50 - 100 downloads
And you can make a simple app and get 10000000 - 50000000 downloads.

I dont lost my time, my patience learning and making hard apps, and i m making money.
It's not as easy as that. The great games that make big profits on the Play Store are not simple games made in a few days. That's true also for the top sellers of "serious" apps. Fortunately, beside them, there's still a place for small and simple apps, with no communication budget, but noone is able to say whether they will have success or not because that's out of control of the author. Who would have bet that the author of Flappy bird would be millionaire with his game? Not me.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you think that some day you will write a hit app, well, don't hold your breath, when it comes to apps the chances are 99% luck and 1% perfect timing, like Informatix said above, look at flappy bird, it's not the author who decides the success of the app but the public, so, no matter how many apps you release, everything is a roll of the dice.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been struggling 7 years now just to find a good company name so that might be another challenge ;) (currently it's just my name)
Sorex isn't a bad name at all! It's a five letter word, easy to remember and somewhat catchy.
Untitled_1.png

It took me only 3 minutes to come up with this logo. If you like it I can send you the original photoshop file.

Last edited:

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
In four years I have 90+ apps.
I never made more than $20 a month until about August of last year.

My income rapidly increased to more than $100+ a month and by January (a $200 month) Google (Play and AdMob) shut me down completely.
They started suspending apps one after another for cryptic and ambiguous reasons only my ex-mother-in-law and God could possibly understand.

I still happily make apps however I make no money anymore. My apps are on pretty much every other market out there but it's just for fun and giggles now.
While I always knew those elusive millions were a near impossible dream, that lousy $100 was still something to be proud of.

Try getting your app anywhere without Google Play. See how much you can really make without AdMob. Google has managed to totally monopolize their product from everything to the app store (Google Play) to the advertising (AdMob). They will be a hard thing to compromise.

I would be weary of becoming too dependent on Google. That mysterious Google Auto Bot has been known to do mysterious and unexpected horrors to otherwise hardworking and genuine developers...

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorex isn't a bad name at all! It's a five letter word, easy to remember and somewhat catchy.

sorry for the late response as I didn't see it till now.

actually the company name is my real name and not my nickname (sorex) ;)

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I like you guys .... not the way you are thinking
I am here and joined this community and read every single thread on kit kat , every day I am changing and striving to solve a google play puzzle
Once I grow here with you sharing each other our belief I did understood that I upgrade my apps to a new level of understanding
Problem is that hunting the revenue will slow down coding pleasure ...then the success seems to be a massive documentary
I will come back ..once to tell my success story ...there is one for all of us

Recently I give up coding ...to hunt more the bussiness
I am sure though success story is not about makeing money

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am sure though success story is not about makeing money

I quit my former job which was a combination of webdev, sysadmin & (3rd line) support. the last 2 for several customers on-site.

My current job has less benefits (a bit less wage, no car, no cellphone, no meal vouchers) but I'm more happy.
Also have 40 holidays instead of the usual 20 for a 38 hours workweek.

No more spending a workweek of time in a month sitting in traffic jams but I can walk/cycle to my job as it is in my own town (3Km).
Which gives me a lot more private time.

Less is more in this case so it's kind of a success too :)