Airpush Library

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
AirPush is too late. I replaced AirPush by SendDroid and they updated their SDK 4 hours later. Hope SendDroid will have a good performance.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was wrong. SendDroid's performance is too bad. I want to back to AirPush. Hope Bill will update his wrapper to use their new ad type.

uswin4224

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was wrong. SendDroid's performance is too bad. I want to back to AirPush. Hope Bill will update his wrapper to use their new ad type.

What happened with sendroid ? what ads did you use ? their ad prompt or notif ?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use their ad prompt and notification ads too.

About their notification ad: I got 162,249 Installs but only 14,126 Impressions (not near 10%), Fill rate 64.97% and my earning is only $29.40. This is very poor compared with AirPush.

And I never saw their ad prompt!

I send email to SendDroid staff twice and they never reply! It's really bad company.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, that is a really bad performance from SendDroid, which further confirms what I said about them a while back :)

And truly I am surprised about the lack of support. Do they consider 1 developer as not important?

Sometimes issues like these should be brought up on forums that these ad network folks visit... one such one is here:
Making Money With Android Forums - Advertising Networks

Maybe you will get better feedback when things go more public.

As for the Airpush library, I will have a try at it the next few days. Hope I can get myself away from Unity3D long enough :p

uswin4224

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's too bad with sendroid.

As for Airpush, it seem a lot of developer getting better revenue with their new smartwall.

Way to go Bill, I planned to implement this airpush new ads type in my livewallpaper too.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, AirPush is the best notification ad for my country. I want to use their Ad Wall too but I need a wrapper first.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

The wrapper is done and tested. But I can't release it ... why?

Because Airpush now generates a customised SDK for each developer. Every developer will now have a custom SDK with package name similar to com.someuniquegibberish.airpush.

In my coding of the wrapper, I have to import based on the package.

So each developer now have their own customised SDK, and your manifest entries will also reflect this.

This is probably one way they can avoid the anti virus companies, perhaps.

A business idea:

I was wondering though, what if I make the customised wrappers for anyone who is interested for $5 each? :D Just a thought, as I'd need to make a new eclipse project, get your SDK in, compile and generate the javadocs/xml files, and keep track of "purchases".

What would you folks say to that?

I would have released the wrapper if it was a generic one, but as it stands now, it is not in my knowledge how to do it with dynamic packages.

I will also use this as encouragement to make updates to the other libraries... as I am not developing much with B4A these days, thus I have not looked much at updating the libraries either.

If I would have enough support on this, we'll proceed...

PS - susu is helping with beta testing the wrapper now...

uswin4224

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

The wrapper is done and tested. But I can't release it ... why?

Because Airpush now generates a customised SDK for each developer. Every developer will now have a custom SDK with package name similar to com.someuniquegibberish.airpush.

In my coding of the wrapper, I have to import based on the package.

So each developer now have their own customised SDK, and your manifest entries will also reflect this.

This is probably one way they can avoid the anti virus companies, perhaps.

A business idea:

I was wondering though, what if I make the customised wrappers for anyone who is interested for $5 each? :D Just a thought, as I'd need to make a new eclipse project, get your SDK in, compile and generate the javadocs/xml files, and keep track of "purchases".

What would you folks say to that?

I would have released the wrapper if it was a generic one, but as it stands now, it is not in my knowledge how to do it with dynamic packages.

I will also use this as encouragement to make updates to the other libraries... as I am not developing much with B4A these days, thus I have not looked much at updating the libraries either.

If I would have enough support on this, we'll proceed...

PS - susu is helping with beta testing the wrapper now...

Is this fee is per app or only once for my SDK ?
Count me in please. I'm really interested in this new airpush SDK.

And also I would love to see you update your other libraries and pay you some fee as long as it keep updated with a new SKD version of each ad network.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this fee is per app or only once for my SDK ?
Count me in please. I'm really interested in this new airpush SDK.

And also I would love to see you update your other libraries and pay you some fee as long as it keep updated with a new SKD version of each ad network.

Thanks for the support.

The fees is one off for the SDK, you can use it on as many apps as you want to.

As for the other libraries, the work involved is really too little sometimes, that asking for a fee would just not be right.

I'll wait for susu to reconfirm the workings of the beta before giving out more details on this. He should be getting back to me today or tomorrow... hopefully :D

Cheers!
-Bill

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's 3 in (including susu )... so I guess we will proceed.

We'll just wait for susu to confirm on the test... it works ok for me.. just need a 2nd tester to check it works out fine... :D

Thanks for support JonPM!

uswin4224

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the support.

The fees is one off for the SDK, you can use it on as many apps as you want to.

As for the other libraries, the work involved is really too little sometimes, that asking for a fee would just not be right.

I'll wait for susu to reconfirm the workings of the beta before giving out more details on this. He should be getting back to me today or tomorrow... hopefully :D

Cheers!
-Bill

Love this Bill. Thanks a lot.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm on the way to home. I'll report in 2-3 hours. Sorry for your waiting :)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I tested Ssg's wrapper and it seems very good.
- AppWall: worked!
- DialogAd: worked!
- SmartWall: worked!
- LandingPageAd: don't see anything (and I don't know what is it).
- IconAd: don't see anything but I know it's very low fill rate.
- PushAd: don't see anything (although in Test mode), maybe need to wait a little bit.

Thank you Ssg for your wrapper. I think $5/each custom wrapper is fair and very reasonable. I'm glad to be your beta tester and first customer. I send your fee right now :D

uswin4224

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I tested Ssg's wrapper and it seems very good.
- AppWall: worked!
- DialogAd: worked!
- SmartWall: worked!
- LandingPageAd: don't see anything (and I don't know what is it).
- IconAd: don't see anything but I know it's very low fill rate.
- PushAd: don't see anything (although in Test mode), maybe need to wait a little bit.

Thank you Ssg for your wrapper. I think $5/each custom wrapper is fair and very reasonable. I'm glad to be your beta tester and first customer. I send your fee right now :D

Good news susu:sign0098::sign0188:, please do update us if you manage to receive a push notification. Is this wrapper display a EULA at the beginning ?

SSG. where can I send this fee sir ?
:sign0188::sign0098:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it shows EULA when your app starts.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
And I saw the notification ad already!
I just understand what SmartWall is. It automatically choose between AppWall, DialogAd or LandingPageAd to display. However, you can choose which one manually by using its method.

Conclusion: Ssg's wrapper completely works!

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
To susu,

Payment received along with the BIG FAT BONUS! :D thanks a bunch... :D

++++++

Hope I will be able to keep up with the needs of the community, your understanding on my limitations is also appreciated! <-- Looks like I can't keep up with the community's needs :(

Cheers!
-Bill

Last edited: