B4A Library Alerter Library

Original Alerter library: https://github.com/Tapadoo/Alerter
Original description: This library aims to overcome the limitations of Toasts and Snackbars, while reducing the complexity of your layouts.

alert_coloured.gif
alert_with_buttons.gif
alert_icon.gif

• v0.80 - Initial release
  • v0.90 - Show and Hide events
  • v1.00 - Completely rewritten, from zero. Now include: right icon, typeface, sound, vibration, progress, infinite duration, new events, events signatures is also changed, icon pulse, hide icon, gravity to show alert on top, center or bottom of the screen, swipe to dismiss, disable outside touch, etc.
  • v1.01 - Support for RTL
  • v1.02 - Text appearance with 50 presets or full custom title and text style from manifest, including color and size.
  • v1.10 - Alerter library v7.2.4, no more EnableSound, theme must be set to Theme.AppCompat, example app updated.
This is my first wrapper, v0.80 and v0.90 are example HOW NOT TO wrap library. I will be better next time :)

Download library zip file from this link and extract archive to Additional Libraries folder. I'm not able to upload on forum, as size of file is over maximum allowed limit.

Attachments

• AlerterExample.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 191
  • AlerterWithTitleBarExample.zip
    11 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

ST500

Licensed User
That's great. I will test it today with AppCompat.
Thanks for the great library.

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Lib is depend on AppCompat, should work fine.
B4X:
#AdditionalJar: androidx.appcompat:appcompat

ST500

Licensed User
Sorry, I get this message:

Maven artifact nicht gefunden: androidx.appcompat/appcompat

ST500

Licensed User
Oh no, I'm so sorry.
This one point makes it: Set the path to "android.jar" (C:\Android\platforms\android-28\android.jar).

Thanks a lot guys

Thanks for your helpful library
If you can add a font customization feature to the library because it is available in the source link (github)
Also rtl functionality

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Typeface is supported in latest version. I never used RTL, will try to implement RTL in the next version.
RTL is supported now.

Last edited:
Thank you. I checked the files of the xml and placed this piece of code, but unfortunately there was no change.
android: layoutDirection = "rtl":

roycegerikchua

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi i get an error
C:\Users\royce\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_local\unpacked-alerter-63721252086000\res\layout\alerter_alert_default_layout.xml:20: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'tint' in package 'b4a.example'
C:\Users\royce\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_local\unpacked-alerter-63721252086000\res\layout\alerter_alert_default_layout.xml:87: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'tint' in package 'b4a.example'

can you help me?

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi i get an error
C:\Users\royce\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_local\unpacked-alerter-63721252086000\res\layout\alerter_alert_default_layout.xml:20: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'tint' in package 'b4a.example'
C:\Users\royce\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\tools\..\extras\b4a_local\unpacked-alerter-63721252086000\res\layout\alerter_alert_default_layout.xml:87: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'tint' in package 'b4a.example'

can you help me?
My guess is that your SDK is not updated. This library use androidx.appcompat.