B4J Question Algorithm To Generate Double Word-Squares

B4XDev

Licensed User
I'm wanting to generate double word-squares of size 4x4 and 6x6. I've done a little research, but I'm not finding much in way of actual code examples. There are discussions of double word-squares to be found, but few (none?) with code samples that I could understand. For example, this one describes an algorithm, but I'm not sure how to implement it in B4X.

If anybody has any ideas (or good links to articles) or some pseudo-code on how to generate these things, please contribute to this thread.

Thank you!

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
This might be a bit off-topic, or it might be something useful ...

If you are looking for a word-test game for students that is like a word-square the you should look at "Waffle". This is a newish game in the UK (where Wordle was invented). It is built from six five-letter words arranged in a square, like this ...

Waffle.jpg

I mention it because it is similar to a word-square but more approachable as it can be much more easily built from well-known words. If you want something interesting to attract students of English then this might be more acceptable. Not sure if it would expand to seven-letter words.

Upvote 0