Share My Creation Alien UFO: Rescue mission

And finally here is my second game:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninjagames.ufo
It's a classic pixel art game where you have to drive your ufo to rescue your little friends. Simple concept but I can tell you the game is really hard:D
Game made with b4a + libGDX + Box2D -> Great combo!
It has 2 worlds, with 24 levels each one. Some levels are soooo hard, and you'll have to buy spaceships and powerups to finish them (I've completed the game without powerups, only buying the 5th UFO, but I've played it thousand times...)
If the game looks too hard I could reduce the damage, but I want the game to be hard (look at geometry dash, it's one of the hardest games I've ever played but it's addictive like no other!)
iconoflat3.png s2eng.png s1en.png s3en.png

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
amazing game. really well made.
its a little bit hard but it should be like that (in my opinion)
i am already in level 6 :)

you should maybe consider allow to control the ufo via buttons. not everyone likes tilting his phone on games.

good luck with your new game :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
buttons tend to cover parts of the screen thus interfearing if it is over the gaming area.

always hard to find a good solution for something like that I guess.

In this case the tilt option makes sense.

Good luck with your game, melon.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello there.
Though I've tested the game in a lot of devices, today I've found a graphical glitch in a friend's device. It's a vertical black line that appears sometimes. I
thought I had solved those issues adding padding to my tileset and atlas, but the lines are back!
Have any of you had this issue? (it used to happen in the beta version, but not in final release...)

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Updated to 1.01
Finally I've fixed the graphic glitches (vertical black lines and some white ones too). If anybody is interested, when you work with atlas or tilesets, allways add spacing and also fill the spaces! I did it to the tileset with a gimp plug in, and it did solve the little lines/points that used to appear. Now I did it to the atlas with the texturapacker tool (check edge padding and duplicate padding too!)
Also made the game a little easier, reduced the life you loose with an impact, and made easier to pick an alien.
Now you can turn on/off the sounds and music.
Hope you like it!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If anybody is interested, when you work with atlas or tilesets, allways add spacing and also fill the spaces! I did it to the tileset with a gimp plug in

i am interested. i also noticed that on my game when i played it on my tablet.
on my phone and other phone i tested everything worked ok but on my tablet i had some transparent lines sometimes that showed the background.
but i didnot understood how you solved it.

i am using only tiled to create my levels.
what should i do to fix it?

thank you

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
The tileset should have some spacing and margin to avoid graphical glitches, more important when you work with small sized tiles (ie: pixel art games with 16px tiles. I've been doing tests with 512px tiles and had no issues).
Once my tileset image is ready, I apply 1px margin and 2px spacing with a gimp plugin
After that I apply fill spaces.

Download plugin

Now, in tiled I edit the properties of the tileset, select the new image file and add 1px margin and 2px spacing. Now they match and you don't have to change anything.
With that the lines have dissapeared for me.
Also, if you're using an atlas for your graphics I recommend doing the same with the texture packer tool (check edge padding and duplicate padding to achieve the same effect) I didn't use the duplicate padding in my catapult game, but in the UFO game, in some devices I had vertical lines across the screen, and solved it with those 2 options.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I noticed that i have no ads in your game and also when i click on stage 3 it says "soon..." but i remember you said you have completed all stages. Am i still on the unreleased version?

Are you planning to add in app purchases? If yes can you please add a "baby mode" in app purchase where your health almost wont go down when you hit the walls. My kids really like this game but its to hard for them and they want to play it :)

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I noticed that i have no ads in your game and also when i click on stage 3 it says "soon..." but i remember you said you have completed all stages. Am i still on the unreleased version?

Nope, you have the oficial version. At the moment I've only released 2 worlds. If the game goes well I'll make the third one (I don't know, this one is progressing slower than catapult, I've not reached 1K downloads yet...)

Are you planning to add in app purchases? If yes can you please add a "baby mode" in app purchase where your health almost wont go down when you hit the walls. My kids really like this game but its to hard for them and they want to play it :)
At the moment no ads and no IAPs. I'm testing chartboost integration, and in next revision I'll add some ads.
BTW, the baby mode sounds like a good idea! I'll take a look at it.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
https://www.chartboost.com/
It's an advertising network for games. You can control a lot of things, and one thing that I like a lot is that you can make your own frames for the static interstitials and rewarded videos, so the ads look more integrated. Take a look at it, it looks good.
They have no b4a sdk, but I'm testing the android SDK directly with javaobject, at the moment I can show ads, but I still have to implement the callbacks.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds good. The question is if their ads make money :)

I have tested few ad companies and at the end i always went back to admobs. I just get more $ with admobs.

The fillrate in admobs is also very good 99.9% so there are always ads to show anywhere in the world i have some apps that are target to a specific country and with other ad companies i almost never received any ads but admob always deliver ads because most developers use them so there is enough offer of ads.

How is admob doing in your catapult game? Are u happy with the revenue?

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
@melonZgz, I've having a lot of fun with your game!! I really like to tilt controls!! :)
I'm happy to hear that :). I see many people don't like tilting controls. I think it's funny, but I'm very disappointed with how this game is doing in the store. I get only about 30-40 downloads a day. If it doesn't get any better I'll forget it and will focus only on my next games.
BTW, have you tried the platformer??

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to hear that :). I see many people don't like tilting controls. I think it's funny, but I'm very disappointed with how this game is doing in the store. I get only about 30-40 downloads a day. If it doesn't get any better I'll forget it and will focus only on my next games.
BTW, have you tried the platformer??
Yes, I have it installed and I play it from time to time! Really smooth!!! :D