Android Question Amazfit Pace watchfaces with B4A

Luiz Lopes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello guys

I'm trying to develop watch faces for the Amazfit Pace smartwatch (which uses a modified version of android) with the B4A. I was able to make a face with the Watchface library, but I could not figure out how to trigger the standby mode watch face (at the moment the face turns black when in standby mode). Would anyone have any tips on how to do this?

Thank you!

PamazFit

Licensed User
Hi,

Is it really a standby mode (then you would probably need a timer to update the clock every 60 sec.) or maybe just SetScreenBrightness(0)?

I have a Amazfit myself, so will be interesting to know, and what will work.
Working on an app myself to log GPS and will need to turn of the screen after a about 10 sec. to save battery, but have not tried this yet.

Upvote 0

Luiz Lopes

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

actually, analyzing, it seems to me that the clock, after some time, leaves the watchface (which is an service) invisible and starts another service, which is the watchface in standby (or another name ...).
I checked this by viewing the source code of a watchface in java, but my knowledge did not allow me to go much further ... if you want to take a look at the code, the link is
https://github.com/manuel-alvarez-alvarez/malvarez-watchface

But, I will verify the SetScreenBrightness(0) option.

Thanks

Upvote 0

PamazFit

Licensed User
Hello,

actually, analyzing, it seems to me that the clock, after some time, leaves the watchface (which is an service) invisible and starts another service, which is the watchface in standby (or another name ...).
I checked this by viewing the source code of a watchface in java, but my knowledge did not allow me to go much further ... if you want to take a look at the code, the link is
https://github.com/manuel-alvarez-alvarez/malvarez-watchface

But, I will verify the SetScreenBrightness(0) option.

Thanks

Tanks for the link to your code, will check it out.

The methode from Syd for dimming the screen looks promising, gonna give that a try.

Upvote 0