Android and Microcontroller

tiagocab

I want to develop a B4A app that's able to connect with a microcontroller, like IOIO or anyother PIC and get the data from it through USB. But I need help because I can't find anything to help me and I have about 15 days to do this.
I know something about VB so the basic programing is easy for me and I have someone to work on the MC, but we don't know where to start

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a IOIO library available for download on this site which will let you connect to a IOIO board from Basic4android. However you will need to purchase Basic4android to be able to access and use it. You will need only a IOIO board, some form of power supply for it and whatever custom interfacing is needed to connect the IOIO board to whatever hardware you wish to control.

Upvote 0

tiagocab

And which version of B4A do I need to buy to get this working?
And what about the code that I need in the IOIO board to get this working? Is there any place where I can get some working example codes?

EDIT: and some examples of B4A code too, if possible

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't need any code for the IOIO board. It comes ready to use. You just need to provide it with power and interface it's I/O to the hardware you want to control.

The IOIO library thread is here. The library is a very thin skin over the Java IOIO library described at Wiki for ytai's IOIO so that will give you a flavour of what it needs to drive it.

Upvote 0