Android Question Android go (oreo), Problem with gps

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a strange problem with one of my clients, recently they bought a tablet with android go, in the application that I developed, I first detected that the gps is active, and then I use fusedlocationprovider to get the location. The issue is that with the tablet they bought (swissmobility Z7), the team apparently has gps, according to the specifications and in the configuration part, it has gps, but when running the application, it does not detect it. Will it have something to do the android go? Or will it be something else?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you get any error? Post the full error (as text)

Upvote 0

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
there is no error, it just can not detect the gps in this validation.

B4X:
Dim gps As GPS
        gps.Initialize("")
        If gps.GPSEnabled Then
            tipo=3
            FusedLocationProvider1.Initialize("FusedLocationProvider1")
            ProgressDialogShow2("Localizando ubicación",False)
            FusedLocationProvider1.Connect
        Else
            ToastMessageShow("Active su gps para iniciar el Mtto",True)
        End If

Upvote 0

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
actually the same, it takes me to the gps settings screen, every time and saying Please enable the GPS device.

Upvote 0

dtb

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem on a Lenovo tablet running Android Go Oreo. GPS is enabled and app have permission in Settings to use Location.
It takes me to GPS settings screen every time, where GPS shows as enabled, but tell me to enable GPS

Upvote 0

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
it seems to be a hardware problem, since when using gps.enabled, it checks at the hardware level if it has a gps, apparently android oreo or maybe your tablet model (like mine) is triangulated by towers, that's why gets location but not by gps.

Upvote 0