Android image processing Vehicle robot trajectory tracking

YIM bunchhat

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0085: Hello my expert Android. I have one big problem. I want to make an vehicle robot using phone camera to detect obstruct and path. I know it a very big project. I never have experience on Image processing and also Image processing on Android Phone too. So Is there any easy way make me understand how to do it on Android?.......:sign0148:

Kbogle24

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am working on something kinda like that. I am using the IOIO board to control the motors and plan on using range sensors to detect objects in front of my rover. I have the rover working over Wifi and just finished streaming images back to my tablet from the phones camera.

Link to my Rover Video.
IOIO Wifi Android Car - YouTube

I would love to hear what your using and what you have done. I am looking into multi threading now to speed up my video stream.

Upvote 0

YIM bunchhat

Licensed User
Longtime User
woooow......your project is so great.My project is just my dream. Nowaday I just successful with car toy control by bluetooth but dream to make it seft-detect obstrucle by itself. Whould you mind to share you great idea whith me. I want to do sth follow you too.......:sign0098:

Upvote 0

Kbogle24

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am thinking of using three Proximity Sensors to determine the open path to take when my car comes to an object. See attached Img.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/242 - Infrared Proximity Sensor - Sharp GP2Y0A21YK

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10748 - IOIO for Android

Screenshot_2012-10-24-19-59-34-1.png

Upvote 0

YIM bunchhat

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello friend, I suggest you to use ultrasounic modul. it better than infrared sensor because it can detect longer than infrared sensor which can use only less than 30cm. But the problem still have when our object is not reflectable object sound and light or this object is small. I think may be image reconize can help us. But who can help us to do it?Note_2_01-2050723677.jpg

Upvote 0