(Android Market) Refund Policy CHEATERS!

magarcan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all. Recently I posted an application for Android that lets you download a set of files. In less than a minute, everything can be downloaded.

The fact is that I have started to look at statistics and I have seen that 1 in 3 people who bought the application, returned it after less than 3 minutes.

The application does everything I put into the description of the Market, and runs smoothly, so I tend to think that people buy it, downloads and returns it. In my view, this is more or less than stealing me.

The application costs € 0.65, which is not much. If I remember correctly, the Google return policy is within 15 minutes, right? What I'm asking is for any way to prevent people continue doing it. Any idea?

Greetings!

Last edited:

KashMalaga

Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome to shifty Android Market. This is the best way to get free apps.
Buy, backup with Titanium for example and return fee :icon_clap:

You must to implement a license system

Upvote 0

joseluis

Licensed User
Longtime User
That would imply that you would either have to sell it outside the google android market, or implement and alternative license-key-payment-checking system, or both at the sametime.

See this thread in google groups for a lenghty discussion about that.

Upvote 0

magarcan

Licensed User
Longtime User
You never download a movie, program or music? or is that not the same?
Of course, I've done it, but it's not the same. If a movie, program, book ,game have a price that I think it is appropriate, I don't doubt to pay for it. For example, if I want to buy a game, I wait for it some time until this has appropriate price, an finally buy it.

Thats piracy for you! People are just backing the apps up.
Since yours is a network program, you can set up your own licensing server.
But I know that costs time and money :(
Maybe it is not worth worrying about 1/3 of your revenues and focusing on the other 2/3
I've found a solution, but it is not the way, because can disturb the genuine user... I've to study it idea more, because all people have paid for my app, must have an adequate service.

Upvote 0

Highwinder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Best Solution

You say your app allows the user to download a set of files.

Have the app download only a small sample of those files just so the user can "try things out". If they like it, the rest of the files will download, but ONLY 20 minutes after installation. That way, the user can't cancel if they want the rest of the files.

This won't take much extra code at all, and also won't require you to set up any special licensing server of your own.

And also, MAKE SURE you use the B4A licensing library. It's not a perfect solution, but it really does help - add that licensing library to every single thing you release. It's not perfect, but it does go a long way to making it much harder for people to pirate your app. I won't release a single paid app without it.

- Highwinder

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hackhack

Licensed User
Longtime User
And also, MAKE SURE you use the B4A licensing library. It's not a perfect solution, but it really does help - add that licensing library to every single thing you release. It's not perfect, but it does go a long way to making it much harder for people to pirate your app. I won't release a single paid app without it.

How does it work, does it contact Googles servers to verify?

There are some things as a customer i would never buy if they require internet access, like a keyboard for instance - but for many things its acceptable.

Upvote 0