Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Material

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think i´ll have a look for an v21 (Android 5) Custom ROM for my Galaxy Note 3 ;)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dislike the Material design. In my opinion it is not serious. And I have the strange feeling that the apps in compatibility mode (Gmail, Books, Sheets, etc) are not so responsive (lagging)

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Material design is very nice and clear. I like it very much. One problem of the design is that there is lots of whitespace in the layouts. For example the new calender is great on a tablet but bad on a phone.

Biggest problem is that it is currently very hard to create Material Design apps with B4A. There are so much things missing like Floating Action Buttons etc. Yes, I know that this all is doable with a lot work in B4A, too.

What makes me sad is that we (currently) can't really use the support libraries like the v7-appcompat to use all the new components in pre Android 5.0 apps.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got the Android 5 update on my Nexus 7 on saturday. I can only say that : many apps from indies crash, the tablet is very slooooow now.
And the notifications are so ridiculous (small compared to the screen size) :p

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got the Android 5 update on my Nexus 7 on saturday. I can only say that : many apps from indies crash, the tablet is very slooooow now.
And the notifications are so ridiculous (small compared to the screen size) :p

Which N7 do you have? I have the 2013 one and it runs absolutely smooth with lollipop. How did you do the update (I assume OTA since you say you got it on saturday)? Try a factory reset. That often solved such problems in the past.

I even don't have any problems with apps. Everything runs great.

The thing I notice most is that many apps show notifications in wrong color.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just downgraded the tablet from 5 to 4.4.4 and, really, there is no doubt : the tablet is quicker using KitKat. I wonder if Google will release an upgrade to Lolliloop soon (can't find information about).