Android Question AndroidVisionMaster environment problem

aardsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
AndroidVisionMaster enviroment setup problem. I seem to be running in circles trying to get a B4A sample project to compile and install. I have written several other applications but the bar code scanner seems to have very specific requirements for the environment. I am now getting an error on compile that I do not understand. Can anyone help please?

Generating R file. (1.79s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
javac 1.8.0_121
src\mardav\AndroidVisionMaster\main.java:22: error: cannot find symbol
public class main extends android.support.v7.app.AppCompatActivity implements B4AActivity{
^
symbol: class AppCompatActivity
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AndroidVisionMaster enviroment setup problem. I seem to be running in circles trying to get a B4A sample project to compile and install. I have written several other applications but the bar code scanner seems to have very specific requirements for the environment. I am now getting an error on compile that I do not understand. Can anyone help please?

javac 1.8.0_121
public class main extends android.support.v7.app.AppCompatActivity implements B4AActivity{
^
The library is old. I will have to revisit it and make it B4A 8+ compatible.

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

javac 1.8.0_121
^

Try this

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/kingsmentor-mobilevisionbarcodescanner.97010/

Upvote 0