Another gps

jerryjukem

Licensed User
Longtime User
hp6515 gps stopped working for no apparent reason. Since then, I have purchased another used, same thing. The basic4ppc gps program does not work, nor google maps or pocket streets. With basic4pps I get gps.status=V.
If I soft reset my ppc and interrogate the serial input, sometimes I get a couple lines of incomplete gps data stream. I have tried changing timers, baud rate of serial port...etc to no avail. I dont remember if this stopped at the same time as v5.8 came out, though I think not related. I have also used a virtual serial gate to produce a log of gps and will the data streams, no. of sats=0. Does any one else have this problem?

jerryjukem

Licensed User
Longtime User
gps ok

obviously the serial port is working. Leaving this run for a while the data seems to be the same with the only change in data the gps time. it looks like the gps cannot get fix. Both of my hp6515 work the same.. maybe there is something wrong with HP

Attachments

• dump.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 173

wolfgang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Bad GPS

Hi jerryjukem,
I have exactly the same problems with my ASUS 632 N and I sent it back to ASUS still waiting what will happen. But I found a very nice software which helps with a lot of problems ragarding GPS receivers it`s called SirfTech. http://w5.nuinternet.com/s660100031/SirfTech.htm
Hope this can help you.