Another noob

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JesseW, Oct 16, 2008.

1. JesseW

JesseW Active Member Licensed User

Hello all! Jesse here. I've been programming in BASIC since the Commodore VIC-20 came out in '81. Wow, huh? 3.5k of ram to work your magic in hehehe.. I then upgraded to an Atari 800XL with 64k of ram, and after becoming quite the guru in a few short years, somewhat re-wrote Atari Basic, adding unlimited variables (up from a measley 128), integer data types and an additional 57 commands including named, and numbered, subroutines, and speeding up looping constructs dramatically. *>whew!<* When I graduated to a PC, I went from GWBasic to QBasic, and then to VB6, where I stayed for many years. At an ISP, I also used ASP quite a bit.

Since I don't have several hundred $$$ at my command to purchase the VS Pro version, I was either going to have to write my own basic, or just give up altogether on WinMo development. I AM SURE GLAD I FOUND BASIC4PPC!!! My deepest respect and admiration to Erel for this achievement! :sign0098: Kudos!!!

Trying to write my first app has brought up a few questions, but I've posted them in the appropriate forums. I hope to be able to contribute to the community :sign0162:

Jesse W

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

Welcome To The Forum...

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Welcome aboard :)

4. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi JesseW, with so much experience I'm certain you'll be answering some of my questions very soon, I just hope that I may be able to answer some of yours too :sign0188:

Regards,
    RandomCoder

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice