Android Question App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt.

GuyBooth

Licensed User
Longtime User
With a recently reinstalled B4A v 7.8 and the latest android and java releases, I am dead in the water.
A clean app with very little code compiles, but on installation to my tablet running Android 7.0 I receive the message:
"App not installed. The package appears to be corrupt".

It seems to install ok on my S3 which is running Android 4.4.2 (although I crashes, but I suspect that is a coding mistake on my part).

I would uninstall the app and reinstall it - but it's a new app, so there is nothing in the Apps list to uninstall.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
although I crashes
You maybe should start with this issue....

can you reproduce it with a example project?
Upload the project. File -> Export as zip

Upvote 0

GuyBooth

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here it is ... will only produce a grey screen, but if you can get that far it is further than I can get.
It works ok on my Galaxy S3 with 4.4.2, but I need it to test a later version Android devices (7.0)

Attachments

• RuntimePermissionsTest.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0

GuyBooth

Licensed User
Longtime User
Installed fine here. I did change the targetSdkVersion to 26 to avoid a conflict with an existing app.

Try to change the package name and run it again.
I tried that - in fact, I built a whole new app with a new name. Same result.
Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the SDKs
Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling B4A

Fresh eyes this morning though - the first screen on the tablet that comes up when the compile is finished and it tries to install says:
"Do you want to install an update to this EXISTING application?"
But I can't uninstall the "existing" application because it doesn't show up in the application list.

Upvote 0

GuyBooth

Licensed User
Longtime User
Change the package name to: b4a.example11111

What happens?
Yes that works .... the package name was still set at b4a.example.

b4a.example does not show up in my apps list on the tablet though - so not sure why these messages were showing up.

Upvote 0