Android Question App rejected due to not stated use of credentials in playStore

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, here's the problem: My app is using credentials for entering a website not run by me. After using a login form in a hidden webView, I perform download of documents and other stuff by html scraping.
Very recently I uploaded a new version of my app, and after 7 days it got rejected because I didn't give Google any test credentials. I applied for an exception explaining the reasons I cannot provide credentials (sensitive user info) and waiting from them to guide me.
Anyone run into a similar problem, and was it simple to deal with, or just got your app out of playStore and made it reachable through other systems?

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For security reasons, I don't think Google will aprove an app without provide credentials to test (even if is sensitive user info).

Maybe I'm wrong, but you will need to create a temporary login, without user info or with example info, and put in the credential form.

Check with the site responsable if he can provide a test login to you.

Upvote 0

mc73

Licensed User
Longtime User
For security reasons, I don't think Google will aprove an app without provide credentials to test (even if is sensitive user info).

Maybe I'm wrong, but you will need to create a temporary login, without user info or with example info, and put in the credential form.

Check with the site responsable if he can provide a test login to you.
No way I ask from the government to get me a test account, and I cannot create one either, since it has to be a real citizen.
Anyway, If they don't approve, I'll move on to a dedicated server and get more than the 57% that I get now, and in my case it's not small. Thank you :)

Upvote 0