iOS Question Apple says: Your app did not include iOS features

Medexpert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

I need to make a very simple App which will shows only some selected webpages from internet. I am using the Webview functions.

The app work well and I tried to Publishing it to AppStore. But Apple rejected it.
Reason:
- Your app did not include iOS features. App Store apps should use native iOS buttons and include iOS features other than just web views, push notifications, or sharing.

Could you give some instruction for resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advanced.
Istvan

Apple attached this screenshot:
IMG_3503 (Custom)2 (Small).png

Last edited:

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
A long time ago Apple banned apps that only displayed websites through a webview. You'll need to incorporate some iOS features in your app somehow.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks.
What do you mean under IOS functions? Is it any special functions?

Thanks,
Istvan
you need to implement some features like %99 of the apps on appstore are working : some creativity and some app functions like when you click a button another page opens etc... they will not accept your app which just displays a webpage.

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Correct. Your "app" is not an app. It is just showing the user a webpage. What is the purpose of downloading and installing your app when the user can just open a browser and go to the site?

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
From https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/rejections/

Web clippings, content aggregators, or a collections of links
Your app should be engaging and useful, and make the most of the features unique to iOS. Websites served in an iOS app, web content that is not formatted for iOS, and limited web interactions do not make a quality app.

- Colin.

Upvote 0