Android Question Application Manifest Attributes to Exclude Devices in Google Play

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings, all.

Thank you in advance for any explanations you may provide.

Does this manifest entry apply to portrait or landscape?

B4X:
android:requiresSmallestWidthDp="1200"

The Google documentation is not quite clear (at least to me).

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/supports-screens-element.html

Based on the documentation, this seems to be available for Android > 3.2, but I am not clear on this either???

What other size attributes can be specified for filtering in Google Play? For example, Minimum: 1280 by 800...

Best regards.

Sandy

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Boy, I am batting a 1000 (without the 1) in my recent threads!

Obviously, I am being overly precise with ensuring that apps display well on devices (to avoid the NJDude "1star Ninjas") in as many cases as possible. So, I beg your and the forum members indulgence, Erel. I will rephrase the question more precisely.

What attributes may I set in the application Manifest to exclude devices from seeing my application in Google Play?

Answer 1:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="16" android:targetSdkVersion="16"/> will exclude any device with Android version < 4.1.2.

@@@@@

I would like to also exclude devices based on their size. The only thing I found was exclusion based on WidthDP (which after I reread the Android documentation means "portrait" width).

B4X:
android:requiresSmallestWidthDp="720"

@@@@@

Any help would be appreciated.

Sandy

PS: I am changing the title of the thread to make it more general

Upvote 0

tdocs2

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, Erel.

That is a lot of material to digest. Great find!

Best regards.

Sandy

Upvote 0