Applications work perfectly until compiled

N1c0_ds

Licensed User
Why does that always happen? Tons of new errors occur when you compile your applications. The splash screen is loaded twice and only one is closed, the application refuses to even launch or the whole thing is plastered with errors.

I'd love to know why that's happening.

Last edited:

N1c0_ds

Licensed User
Can you upload some code that demonstrates these issues?

For the "not launching" issue I can't help as it's the first time it happens., as I'll simply rewrite the whole code, but I triple checked to make sure the form loaded once (searched for "frmloading.show" and there was only one in the sub and the subs it called).

My guess is that the code itself is part of the problem. A sub is called with a second FrmLoading.Show event, but it's not called unless the lenght of the Args variable is > 0 (command line arguments). Could it be that launching the exe from the file explorer creates an argument?

As I said I'm rewriting the code right now to make sure it's error-free and I leave helpful comments for other devs at the same time so if I still get the error I'll post the App_Start event here.

Thanks for the quick support!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The desktop and the device IDE use an interpreter to run the source code (which is similar to the nonoptimized compiler).
However when you compile with the optimize compiler the code is fully compiled with the .Net Framework compiler.
The reason behind it is performance. Compiled application are much faster than interpreted applications (and also smaller in size).

On most cases the behavior is identical. On some cases the .Net Framework compiler is more strict with syntax errors.
So if you find a different behavior, please post some code that demonstrates it and we will check it and fix if necessary.