B4A Library AppLovin Ads - Social Advertising

Hi folks,

I present you the AppLovin ad library. This ad type is very new on the scene, and it adds a social element to your ads. It also promises (and I've tested it to be true) a higher eCPM compared to others like Admob and Mobfox.

More details:
http://www.applovin.com/

Here are the manifest requirements:

B4X:
<!-- AppLovin API key. Could be obtained from AppLovin management console -->
        <meta-data
            android:name="applovin.sdk.key"
            android:value="<your key from dashboard here>" />
<!-- This flag enables verbose logging of AppLovin SDK -->
        <meta-data
            android:name="applovin.sdk.verbose_logging"
            android:value="true" />

<service android:name="com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinService" >
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="com.applovin.sdk.AppLovinService" />
            </intent-filter>
        </service>

Permissions:

B4X:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS"/>

**Read contacts permission is optional, but having it in will show you the social ads, otherwise you get non-social ads.

You can create banner ads or interstitial ads. For interstitial, you will need to handle the ad closed event thing. And look at addisplayed event before showing your ads.

I have not truly tested the interstitials much, better thoroughly test it out.

Banners are fine, add as a new view to your panel or activity like you do for Admob.

Attached library includes the dummy xml file for those who work the "classic" way, or for those who have B4A versions prior to 1.8.

Do note that i've noticed the ads are mainly cpa type, meaning, people will need to download the apps advertised before you get your revenue.

Give it a go!

Any questions, ask away.

Cheers!
-Bill

Attachments

• MESAppLovin.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 447

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
What if I am using only banner ads (social and non-social)? Should I still enable the service?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Bill, Applovin just updated their SDK, could you please chek it? Thank you so much.

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
For me ECPM is always $0.00

i got like 183 imps, 20 Clicks , but eCPM is $0.00 and revenue $0.00

Why is that?

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi susu,

How did you know about the updates? Any ideas what changed?

Hi Jaames,

It is probably the shock you're experiencing with a CPA network (been through it myself).

I wrote the following a while back (was for Leadbolt, but same applies for AppLovin), might be of help:

Mobile Advertising - Understanding CPA

Cheers!

Thanks for explanation.
I got it now :)

Cheers! :)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi susu,

How did you know about the updates? Any ideas what changed?

Hi Bill,

I received an email from Adam and he said: "We do have a new SDK posted on the site and I’d recommend you include it in your next app updates". Did you received his email?

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys, on what date do you get paid every month? And which payment mode do you use?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got my payment on 15th everymont via PayPal.

AppLovin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey guys, on what date do you get paid every month? And which payment mode do you use?

@Inman - Hope you're having a good weekend. Our standard payment cycle is Net15, meaning you're paid 15 days after end of a month. For example, your revenue accumulated in June would be paid on July 15th.

If you have any additional questions. Feel free to contact me directly.

Best,

Rafael Vivas
[email protected]

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Got an announcement mail from Mark Rosner at Applovin

Hey Everyone - Just following up on the note I sent out last week. We've seen many of our developers update to our new SDK and experience lifts of 50% in revenue due to the performance enhancements.

Separately, I also wanted to bring up the interstitial topic again. On average, our developers see roughly 2-3x the eCPM of their banner ads with a 99% fill rate when implementing these units. Some developers see higher lifts (depends on placement & frequency).

As a third note, we've found that the optimal placement and refresh rate for generating maximum revenue is banner placement near the bottom of the screen and a refresh rate of somewhere from 90 to 120 seconds.

If you have any questions about any of this, just reply here and I'll get them handled quickly.

Hey ssg, is the updated Applovin SDK compatible with current B4A wrapper library?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can confirm that Ssg's wrapper is compatible with new Applovin SDK and what they said is true. My revenue is double since I update their new SDK.

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks susu.

One question. I am using B4A 2.0. I have 2 libraries in the list - applovin-sdk and MESAppLovin. I tried ticking applovin-sdk alone but couldn't find the object when I tried to Dim it. Ticking MESAppLovin gives an MESAppLovin object. Is this the correct way to do it?

Also I replaced applovin-sdk.jar with the new version from Applovin site but I am still enabling only MESAppLovin library and not applovin-sdk. Is this right?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Applovin-sdk is original SDK. MESAplovin is wrapper library. You should tick on both.

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can someone share an example in how to use Interstitials?

Kind regards
Jakob

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can someone share an example in how to use Interstitials?

Kind regards
Jakob

I launch a new activity with following code when user clicks the back button on their phone. This activity is only used for showing the full screen ad

Code:

B4X:
Sub Globals
   Dim aps As MESAppLovin
End Sub

Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)

ToastMessageShow("please wait...", False)
   aps.initialise(True, "aps")
   Activity.AddView(aps, 0, 0, 100%x, 100%y)
   aps.loadNextAd

End Sub

Sub aps_AdReceived

End Sub

Sub aps_FailedToReceiveAd
   Activity.Finish
End Sub

Sub aps_AdHidden

Activity.Finish
End Sub

Hope it helps...

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey ssg, how is Applovin working out for you? It used to pay great for me at eCPM around $0.8 to $1.6 but off late it is at around $0.2. I am using only banners though. Will interstitials make things better? How is your experience?

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Inman,

I've received other feedback also about the drop of ecpm with AppLovin from other users. I hope someone from AppLovin can highlight to us what is going on.

Yes, interstitials do perform much better. Here are my stats for October month:

Banner - $0.66 eCPM
Interstitials - $2.46 eCPM

Give the interstitials a try.

By the way, there seems to be a slow down across most ad networks the past 2 months. Maybe it is expected? But eCPM of $0.2 is bad in my opinion.

Also based on past year experience, you should see increase in eCPM in november, and a peak in december, especially around christmas... but then again, this year could be different....

Inman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks man. Do you use both interstitials and banners in the same app? Also which permissions have you enabled in the Manifest file for Applovin ads?